Adam Joseph van Koeverden is a Canadian sprint kayaker and politician. He is an Olympic gold medallist in the K-1 500m category and a two-time world champion in K-1 500 and K-1 1000, winning four Olympic and eight world championship medals. His home club is the Burloak Canoe Club in Oakville, Ontario. In the 2019 Canadian federal election, Van Koeverden was elected to the Canadian House of Commons, representing the electoral district of Milton as a member of the Liberal Party of Canada caucus.
|Born||Adam Joseph van Koeverden, January 29, 1982, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Alma mater||McMaster University (BSc)|
|Adam Van Koeverden's Twitter|
|Adam Van Koeverden's Instagram|
|Adam Van Koeverden's Facebook|
Kayaker who won the gold medal in the K-1 500m event at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens. He set a world record in the same event at the 2008 Olympics with a time of 1:35.554.
He was born in Toronto and graduated as valedictorian of his class at McMaster University.
He carried the Canadian flag during the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
His father, Joe, is Welsh and his mother, Beata, is Hungarian.
He and Russia's Vladimir Parfenovich have both won gold medals in the K-1 500m event at the Olympic Games.
- Sportspeople from Milton, Ontario
- Canoeists at the 2015 Pan American Games
- Sportspeople from Oakville, Ontario
- Lou Marsh Trophy winners
- Canadian male canoeists
- Canadian sportsperson-politicians
- Olympic canoeists of Canada
- McMaster University alumni
- Canoeists at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Canoeists at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Canoeists at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Canoeists at the 2016 Summer Olympics
- Medalists at the 2015 Pan American Games
- Olympic gold medalists for Canada
- Olympic silver medalists for Canada
- Olympic bronze medalists for Canada
- Pan American Games bronze medalists for Canada
- Olympic medalists in canoeing
Latest information about Adam Van Koeverden updated on May 07, 2021.