José Alberto Pujols Alcántara is a Dominican-American professional baseball first baseman and designated hitter for the Los Angeles Angels of Major League Baseball. He previously played 11 seasons for the St. Louis Cardinals, with whom he was a three-time National League Most Valuable Player and nine-time All-Star. Since joining the Angels in 2012, he has made one All-Star appearance, in 2015. A right-handed batter and thrower, Pujols stands 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 235 pounds. Pujols was born in the Dominican Republic and moved to the United States in 1996. After one season of college baseball, he was selected by the Cardinals in the 13th round of the 1999 MLB draft. As a rookie for the Cardinals in 2001, he was unanimously voted the NL Rookie of the Year. Pujols played consistently for the Cardinals, contributing to two World Series championships in 2006 and 2011. After the 2011 season, Pujols became a free agent and signed a 10-year contract with the Angels.
|Twitter:||Albert Pujols's Twitter profile|
About Albert Pujols
Star first baseman who led the St. Louis Cardinals to World Series Championships in 2006 and 2011. He was named National League MVP three times and won the NL home run title twice. After 11 years with the Cardinals, he joined the Los Angeles Angels in 2012.
Albert Pujols Before Fame
He moved from New York City to Independence, Missouri with his grandmother in 1996 after he witnessed a shooting.
Achievement of Albert Pujols
He was named National League Rookie of the Year in 2001 after hitting 37 home runs, tallying 130 RBIs, and batting .329.
Albert Pujols Family Life
He married Deidre Corona in 2000. He has two sons, Albert Jr. and Ezra, and two daughters, Isabella and Sophia.
Associations of Albert Pujols
He and Barry Bonds were two of the MLB's most dangerous hitters in the early 20th century, but Pujols was never the subject of serious performance-enhancing drug allegations.
Information related to Albert Pujols
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim all-time roster - The following is a list of players, both past and current, who appeared at least in one game for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim American League franchise, also known previously as the Los Angeles Angels, California Angels and Anaheim Angels.
- St. Louis Cardinals all-time roster - The St. Louis Cardinals are a Major League Baseball team based in St. Louis, Missouri. They are a member of the Central Division of Major League Baseball's National League. The team has played under three names since beginning play in 1882: the current moniker, the Perfectos, as well as the Browns.
- St. Louis Cardinals award winners and league leaders - The St. Louis Cardinals, a professional baseball franchise based in St. Louis, Missouri, compete in the National League of Major League Baseball. Before joining the NL in 1892, they were also a charter member of the American Association from 1882 to 1891.
- Sportspeople from Independence, Missouri
- Potomac Cannons players
- National League Championship Series MVPs
- National League Most Valuable Player Award winners
- National League batting champions
- Dominican Republic emigrants to the United States
- National League RBI champions
- National League home run champions
- Major League Baseball Rookie of the Year Award winners
- Gigantes del Cibao players
- Age controversies
- Southern Baptists
- American baseball players
- Sportspeople from Santo Domingo
- Major League Baseball designated hitters
- Peoria Chiefs players
- Los Angeles Angels players
- Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim players
- Silver Slugger Award winners
- Gold Glove Award winners
- Memphis Redbirds players
- Baseball players from Missouri
- Major League Baseball left fielders