Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, also known by her initials as AOC, is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district. The district includes the eastern part of the Bronx and portions of north-central Queens in New York City. She is a member of the Democratic Party. Ocasio-Cortez drew national recognition when she won the Democratic Party's primary election for New York's 14th congressional district on June 26, 2018. She defeated Democratic Caucus Chair Joe Crowley, a 10-term incumbent, in what was widely seen as the biggest upset victory in the 2018 midterm election primaries. She defeated Republican opponent Anthony Pappas in the November 6, 2018 general election. Taking office at age 29, Ocasio-Cortez is the youngest woman ever to serve in the United States Congress. She has been noted for her substantial social media presence relative to her fellow members of Congress.
|Born:||October 13, 1989, New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Domestic partner:||Riley Roberts (2014-present)|
|Education:||Boston University (BA)|
|Occupation:||Politician, activist, legislative assistant, columnist|
|Preceded by:||Joe Crowley|
|Twitter:||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Rotten Tomatoes|
About Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
American politician and activist who became the U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district in 2019. She is a member of the Democratic party.
She earned degrees in Economics and International Relations at Boston University.
Upon her induction into the House of Representatives, she became the youngest woman to ever serve in the U.S. Congress at the age of 29.
She was born in the Bronx to two working-class parents, Blanca Ocasio-Cortez and Sergio Ocasio.
She served as an intern at the U.S. Immigration Office under former Senator Ted Kennedy.
Information related to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
- Women in the United States House of Representatives - Women have served in the United States House of Representatives since the 1917 entrance of Jeannette Rankin from Montana, a member of the Republican Party. Three hundred twenty-five women have since served as U.S. Representatives.
- Restaurant staff
- Politicians from the Bronx
- Members of the Democratic Socialists of America
- Catholic socialists
- American Christian socialists
- Hispanic and Latino American members of the United States Congress
- American community activists
- Hispanic and Latino American women in politics
- Progressivism in the United States
- Female members of the United States House of Representatives
- BBC 100 Women
- American women activists