Andrew Howe is a American-born Italian athlete who specializes in the long jump and sprinting. He won this event as well as the 200 metres at the 2004 World Junior Championships. He was successful at senior level at a young age, winning a long jump bronze at the 2006 IAAF World Indoor Championships before becoming the European Champion later that year. In 2007 he became the European Indoor Champion and won the silver medal at the 2007 World Championships in Athletics. A combination of injuries ruled him out for most of the 2008 and 2009 seasons. He returned to action in 2010 and became the Italian champion, representing his country at the 2010 European Athletics Championships.
|Event(s)||Sprint, Long jump|
|Club||C.S. Aeronautica Militare|
|Coached by||René Felton (2005-2014), Yannick Tregaro (2015-2016), Fabrizio Donato (2017-2018), Maria Chiara Milardi (2019-2020), Stefano Serranò (2021-)|
|Personal best(s)||100 m: 10.27 (2006), 200 m: 20.28 (2004), 400 m: 45.70 (2011), Long jump: 8.47 m (2007)|
|Andrew Howe's Twitter|
Italian long jumper and sprinter who has won gold medals at events like the 2004 World Junior Championships and 2007 European Indoor Championships. He won the inaugural European Athletics Rising Star Award in 2007.
He was born in Los Angeles and won bronze at the World Youth Championships in 2001.
He set a European record in the 400 meters with a time of 45.70 seconds.
He married an Italian woman named Ugo Besozzi.
He and Greg Rutherford are both European Champions in the men's long jump.
- FIDAL Hall of Fame - The IAAF Hall of Fame is a hall of fame which was established by the FIDAL in 2012. The FIDAL Hall of Fame includes Italian athletes who have excelled in the history of athletics and that match some criteria.
- Italy national relay team - The Italy national relays team at the international athletics championships refer to the results of the Italian athletics team, in the races of 4 x 100 metres relay and 4 x 400 metres relay at the International athletics competitions such as Olympic Games, World Championships, European...
- Italian male long jumpers
- American emigrants to Italy
- Italian male sprinters
- Naturalised citizens of Italy
- Olympic athletes of Italy
Latest information about Andrew Howe updated on June 14 2021.