Theodora Elisabeth Gerarda "Anky" van Grunsven is a Dutch dressage champion who is the only rider to record three successive Olympic wins in the same event. Along with her Olympic successes, she has won numerous medals at the World Equestrian Games, and is the only rider to have competed at every WEG since they began in 1990. Between 1990 and 2006, she competed at the Games in dressage, but in 2010 she was named as part of the Dutch reining team, marking a major change in discipline. In addition to her Olympic and World Equestrian Games successes, van Grunsven holds the record for the most wins at the Dressage World Cup, winning the event nine times between 1995 and 2008. She has also competed numerous times at the European Dressage Championships, winning seven individual medals and eight team medals between 1991 and 2009. Although van Grunsven has ridden many horses over her career, she won the majority of her top events on two horses: Bonfire and Salinero.
About Anky Van Grunsven
Dutch dressage champion who won gold medals in the individual dressage event at the 2000, 2004, and 2008 Olympics.
She won her first gold medal at the 1994 World Championships.
She has been named the World Cup Dressage Champion eight times.
She has two children with her husband Sjef Janssen.
She won her first Olympic gold medal at the 2000 Summer Olympics, the same year runner Marion Jones won her first Olympic gold medal.
Information related to Anky van Grunsven
- Olympic equestrians of the Netherlands
- Equestrians at the 2000 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 1992 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 1988 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Knights of the Order of Orange-Nassau
- Olympic gold medalists for the Netherlands
- Olympic silver medalists for the Netherlands
- Olympic bronze medalists for the Netherlands
- Olympic medalists in equestrian