Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, dancer, and actress. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Beyoncé performed in various singing and dancing competitions as a child. She rose to fame in the late 1990s as the lead singer of Destiny's Child, one of the best-selling girl groups of all time. During Destiny's Child's hiatus, Beyoncé made her theatrical film debut with a role in the US box-office number-one Austin Powers in Goldmember and recorded her first solo album, Dangerously in Love, which debuted at the top of the US Billboard 200 chart. It also featured the Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles "Crazy in Love" and "Baby Boy". Following the disbandment of Destiny's Child in 2006, she released her second solo album, B'Day, which contained the US number-one single "Irreplaceable", as well as the UK number-one singles "Déjà Vu" and "Beautiful Liar".
|Born:||Beyonce Giselle Knowles, September 4, 1981, Houston, Texas, U.S.|
|Other names:||B, Third Ward Trill, Sasha Fierce|
|Occupation:||Singer, songwriter, actress, record producer, dancer, businesswoman|
|Organization:||Ivy Park, Parkwood Entertainment|
|Parent(s):||Mathew Knowles, Tina Knowles|
|Relatives:||Solange Knowles (sister)|
|Twitter:||Beyoncé's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Beyoncé's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Beyoncé's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Beyoncé's Youtube channel|
Former member of the R&B girl group Destiny's Child who also became a widely successful solo artist. She has won a total of 23 Grammy Awards for songs such as "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)," "Drunk in Love" and "Crazy in Love." Also an actress, she starred in the popular film Dreamgirls and voiced Nala in The Lion King.
She won her first school talent show with her rendition of "Imagine" by John Lennon.
In 2019, she released the documentary titled Homecoming. She has over 135 million followers on her popular Instagram account.
Her birth name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles. She married rap star Jay-Z on April 4, 2008. They had a daughter named Blue Ivy in 2012, followed by a pair of twins named Rumi and Sir in June 2017. She has a sister named Solange and a half-brother named Nixon.
She featured rapper Kendrick Lamar on the 2016 song "Freedom" from her sixth studio album Lemonade.
Information related to Beyoncé
- Beyoncé Category
- Honorific nicknames in popular music - Honorific nicknames in popular music are terms used, most often in the media or by fans, to indicate the significance of an artist, and are often religious, familial, or royal and aristocratic titles, used metaphorically.
- Music video codirectors
- Gold Star Records artists
- Destiny's Child members
- Female music video directors
- Businesspeople from Houston
- African-American choreographers
- African-American fashion designers
- African-American Methodists
- Parkwood Entertainment artists
- Writers from Houston
- Shoe designers
- American cosmetics businesspeople
- American music publishers (people)
- African-American female dancers
- NME Awards winners
- Actresses from Houston
- African-American feminists
- World Music Awards winners
- American women philanthropists
- African-American dancers
- American fashion businesspeople
- American retail chief executives
- Musicians from Houston
- Brit Award winners
- Ivor Novello Award winners
- African-American businesspeople
- Feminist musicians
- American music video directors
- American hip hop singers
- Singers from Texas
- African-American women writers
- African-American record producers
- American female pop singers
- African-American artists
- African-American female singers
- American choreographers
- American soul singers