William Jefferson Clinton is an American politician and attorney who served as the 42nd president of the United States from 1993 to 2001. Prior to his presidency, he served as governor of Arkansas and as attorney general of Arkansas. A member of the Democratic Party, Clinton was known as a New Democrat, and many of his policies reflected a centrist "Third Way" political philosophy. He is the husband of Hillary Clinton who ran for president in 2016. Clinton was born and raised in Arkansas and attended Georgetown University, University College, Oxford, and Yale Law School. He met Hillary Rodham at Yale and they were married in 1975. After graduating from law school, Clinton returned to Arkansas and won election as state attorney general, followed by two non-consecutive terms as Arkansas governor. As governor, he overhauled the state's education system and served as chairman of the National Governors Association.
|Born:||William Jefferson Blythe III, August 19, 1946, Hope, Arkansas, U.S.|
|Residence:||Chappaqua, New York, U.S, Washington, D.C, U.S.|
|Education:||Georgetown University (BS), University College, Oxford, Yale University (JD)|
|Occupation:||Politician, lawyer, professor, saxophonist, author|
|Vice President:||Al Gore|
|Preceded by:||George H. W. Bush|
|Succeeded by:||George W. Bush|
|Twitter:||Bill Clinton's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Bill Clinton's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Bill Clinton's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Bill Clinton's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Bill Clinton's Rotten Tomatoes|
About Bill Clinton
The 42nd president of the United States who was in office from 1993 to 2001, overseeing a period of economic expansion while signing the North American Free Trade Agreement. After his presidency, he started the William J. Clinton Foundation with the goal of improving health across the globe.
Bill Clinton Before Fame
He endured a tragic and often abusive childhood with an alcoholic step-father. He received a Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service from Georgetown University, then went on to study at University of Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar before attending Yale Law School.
Achievement of Bill Clinton
He became the second U.S. president to be impeached by the House after word got out about his affair with White House employee Monica Lewinsky. However, he was acquitted by the Senate and thus remained in office.
Bill Clinton Family Life
He married Hillary Rodham in 1975 and together they had a daughter named Chelsea in 1980. His wife would go on to have a successful political career of her own.
Associations of Bill Clinton
He and his predecessor, George H.W. Bush, were fierce competitors in the 1992 presidential campaign, but later developed a close father-son bond while raising money for victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.
Information related to Bill Clinton
- Bill Clinton Category
- Clinton family - The Clinton family is an American political family related to Bill Clinton, the 42nd President of the United States, and his wife Hillary Clinton, the 67th United States Secretary of State, Senator from New York and the First Lady of the United States.
- Clinton School of Public Service - The Clinton School of Public Service is a branch of the University of Arkansas system and is the newest of the presidential schools. It is located on the grounds of the Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock.
- Efforts to impeach Bill Clinton - During his presidency, Bill Clinton, the 42nd president of the United States, saw multiple efforts to impeach him.
- Gun control policy of the Clinton Administration - The Gun control policy of the Clinton Administration, was the White House's domestic policy on guns during Bill Clinton's term in office as President of the United States from 1993 to 2001.
- Political careers by person
- Democratic Party Presidents of the United States
- Clinton Foundation people
- Arkansas Attorneys General
- Recipients of the Presidential Medal of Distinction of Israel
- Grand Companions of the Order of Logohu
- Grand Crosses of the National Order of Honour and Merit
- Hot Springs High School (Arkansas) alumni
- Impeached Presidents of the United States
- Rodham family
- Family of Bill and Hillary Clinton
- Democratic Party (United States) presidential nominees
- Recipients of St. George's Order of Victory
- Collars of the Order of the White Lion
- 21st-century Baptists
- Presidents of the United States
- Governors of Arkansas
- University of Arkansas faculty
- Writers from Arkansas
- Politicians from Little Rock, Arkansas
- Recipients of the Four Freedoms Award
- Fellows of University College, Oxford
- Recipients of the Order of the Cross of Terra Mariana, 1st Class
- 20th-century Baptists
- Arkansas lawyers
- American thriller writers
- American saxophonists
- American humanitarians
- Arkansas Democrats
- American Rhodes Scholars
- American autobiographers
- Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients