Binyamin Ben-Eliezer was an Iraqi-born Israeli politician and general. He served as a member of the Knesset between 1984 and 2014, and held several ministerial posts, including Minister of Industry, Trade and Labour; Minister of Defense; and Deputy Prime Minister.
|Date of birth:||February 12, 1936|
|Place of birth:||Basra, Kingdom of Iraq|
|Year of aliyah:||1950|
|Date of death:||August 28, 2016|
|Knessets:||11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19|
|1992–1996:||Minister of Housing & Construction|
|1999–2001:||Deputy Prime Minister|
|1999–2001:||Minister of Communications|
|2000–2001:||Minister of Housing & Construction|
|2001–2002:||Minister of Defense|
|2005:||Minister of National Infrastructure|
|2006–2009:||Minister of National Infrastructure|
|2009–2011:||Minister of Industry, Trade & Labour|
About Binyamin Ben-Eliezer
Israeli politician who served as a member of the Knesset for the Labor Party and has also had roles that included Minister of Housing & Construction from 1992 until 1996 and Minister of National Infrastructure from 2006 until 2009.
He joined the Israel Defense Forces in 1954 and became a career soldier.
He was one of the main architects of the invasion of Lebanon.
He married and has five children.
He was Minister of Housing and Construction in Yitzhak Rabin's government in 1992.
Information related to Binyamin Ben-Eliezer
- Iraqi Jews in Israel - Iraqi Jews in Israel, also known as the Bavlim, are immigrants and descendants of the immigrants of the Iraqi Jewish communities, who now reside within the state of Israel. They number around 450,000.
- Shlomo Amar (politician) - Shlomo Amar is an Israeli former politician who served as a member of the Knesset for Yahad and the Alignment between 1984 and 1988.
- Ministers of Defense of Israel
- One Israel politicians
- Iraqi emigrants to Israel
- Members of the 15th Knesset (1999–2003)
- Alignment (political party) politicians