Robert Nesta "Bob" Marley, was a Jamaican singer, songwriter, and musician. Considered one of the pioneers of reggae, his musical career was marked by fusing elements of reggae, ska, and rocksteady, as well as his distinctive vocal and songwriting style. Marley's contributions to music increased the visibility of Jamaican music worldwide, and made him a global figure in popular culture for over a decade. Over the course of his career Marley became known as a Rastafari icon, and he infused his music with a sense of spirituality. He is also considered a global symbol of Jamaican music and culture and identity, and was controversial in his outspoken support for the legalization of marijuana, while he also advocated for Pan-Africanism. Born in Nine Mile, British Jamaica, Marley began his professional musical career in 1963, after forming Bob Marley and the Wailers.
|Born:||February 6, 1945, Nine Mile, Saint Ann Parish, Colony of Jamaica|
|Died:||May 11, 1981, Miami, Florida, U.S.|
|Cause of death:||Malignant melanoma (pigmented skin cancer)|
|Other names:||Donald Marley, Tuff Gong|
|Partner(s):||Cindy Breakspeare (1977–1978)|
|Children:||11, including, Sharon, Cedella, David "Ziggy", Stephen, Rohan, Julian, Ky-Mani, and Damian|
|Parent(s):||Norval Sinclair Marley, Cedella Booker|
|Relatives:||Skip Marley (grandson), Nico Marley (grandson)|
|Twitter:||Bob Marley's Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Bob Marley's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Bob Marley's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Bob Marley's IMDb|
About Bob Marley
Known best for comedy acts that focus on his home state of Maine, Marley performed on David Letterman's and Conan O'Brien's late night talk shows, as well as on several Comedy Central programs. In addition, he played the role of Detective Greenly in the film The Boondock Saints and its 2009 sequel.
Bob Marley Before Fame
His early comedy albums include 3000 Shows Later, All New Stuff, and Up Against the Brick Wall.
Achievement of Bob Marley
In late 2010, he broke a Guinness World Record by performing a forty-hour-long stand-up comedy act.
Bob Marley Family Life
He was born in Portland, Maine, to parents Robert and Marcia. He grew up in Bangor, Maine.
Associations of Bob Marley
He appeared on The Martin Short Show.
Information related to Bob Marley
- Bob Marley Category
- Outline of Bob Marley - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Bob Marley: Bob Marley – deceased Jamaican reggae singer, songwriter, musician, and guitarist who achieved international fame and acclaim.
- Fabian Marley - Fabian Marley is a Jamaican who was best known for his claim that Bob Marley was his father. These claims later proved to be false using DNA analysis. At the age of 12 Fabian and his mother relocated to Eastern Kingston, Jamaica. His first encounter with the music was with the Rainbow Band.
- Desis bobmarleyi – an underwater spider species named in honor of Marley.
- Jamaican Christians
- Marley family
- Musicians from Wilmington, Delaware
- Performers of Rastafarian music
- Recipients of the Order of Merit (Jamaica)
- Roots Reggae Library
- Jamaican guitarists
- The Wailers members
- Ethiopian Orthodox Christians
- Colony of Jamaica people
- International opposition to apartheid in South Africa
- Jamaican pan-Africanists
- Folk guitarists
- Jamaican expatriates in the United Kingdom
- Converts to the Rastafari movement
- Resonator guitarists
- Cannabis music
- Jamaican songwriters
- Reggae guitarists
- Converts to Tewahedo Orthodoxy
- Jamaican Rastafarians
- Jamaican expatriates in the United States
- Shooting survivors
- 20th-century Christians
- Jamaican male singers
- Jamaican reggae singers
- Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award winners
- Anti-apartheid activists
- Island Records artists
- Former Roman Catholics