Carl Weathers is an American actor and former professional football player. He is best known for portraying Apollo Creed in the Rocky film series, Al Dillon in Predator, Chubbs Peterson in Happy Gilmore and Little Nicky, and a fictionalized version of himself on the comedy series Arrested Development. He currently holds a recurring role as Greef Karga on the Star Wars-spinoff series, The Mandalorian. As a football player, Weathers played for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League and the B.C. Lions of the Canadian Football League.
|Born:||January 14, 1948, New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.|
|Alma mater:||San Diego State University, San Francisco State University (BA)|
|Occupation:||Actor, professional American football player|
|Years active:||1973–present (actor), 1970–1974 (football player)|
|IMDb:||Carl Weathers's IMDb|
About Carl Weathers
Actor and former professional football player who is best known for playing Apollo Creed in the Rocky series. He also had prominent roles in the films Predator, Little Nicky, and Happy Gilmore.
He played linebacker at the collegiate level for Long Beach City College and San Diego State University. He then went on to play for the NFL's Oakland Raiders from 1970 to 1971 and the CFL's B.C. Lions from 1971 to 1974.
His first acting roles were in blaxploitation films directed by Arthur Marks in 1975.
He has been married and divorced three times and he has two sons named Jason and Matthew.
He had a recurring role as himself on the comedy series Arrested Development, appearing alongside Jason Bateman.
Information related to Carl Weathers
- Long Beach City College alumni
- Male actors from Long Beach, California
- St. Augustine High School (New Orleans) alumni
- Male actors from New Orleans
- African-American television directors
- San Diego State Aztecs football players
- San Diego State University alumni
- Sportspeople from Long Beach, California
- Canadian football linebackers
- Sportspeople from New Orleans
- San Francisco State University alumni