Cián O'Connor is an Irish equestrian who competes in show jumping. He has competed at two Olympic Games, two World Championships and six European Championships, and has attained over 125 senior caps for his country. He won an individual bronze medal at the London Olympic Games 2012 and was a member of the Irish team that took a gold medal at the European Championships in Gothenburg in 2017. O'Connor also won a bronze individual medal at the latter event. He was also a member of the Irish Teams that won Aga Khan Trophy at the Dublin Horse show in 2004, 2012 and 2015. O'Connor was also a member of the winning Irish team at the European Show Jumping Championships in 2017, again after a 16-year absence from the podium by Ireland. He also took an individual bronze medal at these championships.
|Full name:||Cian O'Connor|
|Born:||November 12, 1979, Dublin, Ireland|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
About Cian O'Connor
Irish equestrian who specialized in show jumping and was a member of the Irish Nations Cup team, which won the Aga Khan Trophy.
He competed in his first Olympic event at the 2004 games.
He won a bronze medal at the London Olympic games 2012.
He is the son of Tadgh and Louise O'Connor. He has two sisters, Pippa and Susannah.
He competed in the 2012 Olympics when swimmer Michael Phelps became the most decorated Olympic athlete of all time.
Information related to Cian O'Connor
- Ireland at the 2004 Summer Olympics - Ireland competed at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece, from 13 to 29 August 2004. This was the nation's eighteenth appearance at the Summer Olympics. The Olympic Council of Ireland sent a total of 46 athletes to the Games, 32 men and 14 women, to compete in 9 sports.
- Ireland at the 2012 Summer Olympics - Ireland competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom, from July 27 to August 12, 2012. This was the nation's twentieth appearance at the Summer Olympics. The Olympic Council of Ireland sent a total of 66 athletes to the Games, 36 men and 30 women, to compete in 14 sports.
- Equestrian at the 2004 Summer Olympics - The events of the equestrian at the 2004 Summer Olympics featured three equestrian disciplines: dressage, eventing and jumping. All three disciplines are further divided into individual and team contests for a total of six events.
- Equestrian at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Irish show jumping riders
- Irish sportspeople in doping cases
- Olympic bronze medalists for Ireland
- Olympic equestrians of Ireland
- People educated at Belvedere College
- Equestrians at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Equestrians at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Olympic medalists in equestrian