Scored over 100 feature films, including Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure and The Nutty Professor.
He attended the University of Southern California. His first film work was on Tim Burton's short film Frankenweenie, which was released in 1984.
He became known for his longstanding collaboration with Danny DeVito, providing the scores for most of the actor's films, including 1987's Throw Momma from the Train and 1989's The War of the Roses.
His father Alfred was a composer who won nine Academy Awards, a record in Oscar history. He grew up with his brother Thomas, who also became an acclaimed composer.
His cousin was Randy Newman, who became a sought-after film composer and musician.
- David Newman (Composer) An American composer and conductor best known for his cinematographic works.
- David "Fathead" Newman An American jazz, rhythm and blues saxophonist who makes multiple recordings in one session ..
- David Newman (screenwriter) An American screenwriter. From the late 1960s to the early 1980s, he cooperated regularly ...
- David Newman (Politician) A lawyer and former politician in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- David Newman (priest) The current deacon of Loughborough.
- David Newman (geopolitical geographer) An Anglo-Israeli scholar of geopolitics and geopolitics.
- David Newman (singer) A sacred song manager, recording artist, best-selling singer / songwriter, and ...
- David Newman (physicist) David E. Newman is head of the department of physics at the University of Alaska at Fairbanks.
- Dave Newman (soccer player) An Australian footballer who played with Collingwood and Melbourne during the Victorian era ...
- Dave Newman (Soccer Canada) Former recipient of the Canadian Football Federation award.
- David Newman (marketer) A speaker and author of Do It! Marketing.
Latest information about David Newman updated on June 07 2021.