Edith Falco is an American actress known for her role as Carmela Soprano in the HBO series The Sopranos, in which she has received six Emmy nominations, three wins for Best Actress in a set. TV series, as well as two Golden Globes and five Guild Award Screen Actors and as female nurse Jackie Peyton in the Showtime Nurse Jackie series, earned six additional Emmy nominations and one Women's win Best Actor in Comedy. She is also known for her role as Diane Whittlesey in the HBO prison movie Oz. In 2016, she starred as Sylvia Wittel in the Horace and Pete web series. In 2017 she starred as defense lawyer Leslie Abramson in the first season of the real crime anthology series Law & Order True Crime, she won her 14th Emmy nomination, this time for the 'actress.
|Born||Edith Falco, July 05, 1963, New York City, U.S.|
|Education||State University of New York at Purchase (BFA)|
|Relatives||Edward Falco (uncle)|
|IMDb||Edie Falco's IMDb|
Brooklyn native known for playing Diane in Oz and Carmela Soprano in The Sopranos. She also starred as the title character in the Showtime show Nurse Jackie.
She slowly made her way to fame by making appearances on Law & Order.
She was featured in an episode of Who Do You Think You Are? in 2012. She contributed to John Kerry's presidential campaign in 2004.
She adopted two children, named Anderson and Macy.
She played the wife of James Gandolfini's Tony Soprano from 1999 to 2007.
- Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Screen Actors' Association Award Winning Television Series
- Outstanding Performance by an Actress in a Primetime Emmy Award Winning Television Series
- Outstanding performance by a lead actress in the Primetime Emmy Award-winning comedy series
- Golden Globe Award (TV) for Best Actress
- Alumni of New York State University to Buy
- American Buddhists
- World Theater Award Winner
- Breast cancer survivors
Latest information about Edie Falco updated on June 14 2021.