Eiji Kawashima is a Japanese professional football player who plays as a goalkeeper for Strasbourg and the Japan national team. Kawashima played in Japan for Omiya Ardija, Nagoya Grampus Eight and Kawasaki Frontale before joining Lierse S.K. in Belgium in 2010. He then played for another Belgian club, Standard Liège, from 2012 to 2015, and Dundee United in Scotland from 2015 to 2016. He played for Japan at the 2010, 2014 and 2018 World Cups, earning over 90 caps.
About Eiji Kawashima
Goalkeeper who joined Standard Liege in 2012 after spending two years with Lierse. He debuted with the Japanese national team in 2008.
He played his youth soccer at Yononishi Junior High School and Urawa Higashi High School.
He appeared in 113 matches for Kawasaki Frontale between 2007 and 2010.
He was born in Yono, Japan.
He and winger Ryo Miyaichi became teammates on the Japanese national team.
Information related to Eiji Kawashima
- Keisuke Honda - Keisuke Honda is a Japanese football player who currently plays for Campeonato Brasileiro Série A club Botafogo. He is also general manager and coach of the Cambodia national team.
- Omiya Ardija players
- AFC Asian Cup-winning players
- Kawasaki Frontale players
- Association football people from Saitama Prefecture
- Lierse S.K. players
- Japan youth international footballers
- Nagoya Grampus players
- RC Strasbourg Alsace players
- Japanese expatriate footballers
- FC Metz players
- Standard Liège players
- Japan international footballers
- Dundee United F.C. players