Eilish McColgan is a British middle-distance athlete who competes in the 3000 metres steeplechase and 5000 metres. She represented Great Britain at the 2012 Olympic Games in London and the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio. She represented Scotland at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 2014 and in 2018 at the Gold Coast. She is the Scottish record holder in the 3000 metres steeplechase with 9:35.82 in 2013.
|Event(s):||1500–5000 m, steeplechase|
|Coached by:||Liz McColgan|
|Personal best(s):||1500 m – 4:01.60 (2017), 3000 m – 8:31.00 (2017), 3000 mS – 9:35.82 (2013), 5000 m – 14:48.49 (2017)|
About Eilish McColgan
Middle-distance athlete who made her Olympic debut for Great Britain in 2012 in the 3000 meter steeplechase.
She won a bronze medal in the 1500 meter steeplechase at the International U17 Schools Championship.
She won gold medals in both the 1500 and 3000 meter steeplechase at the 2012 Scottish Universities Indoor Championships.
She was born to Liz and Peter McColgan.
At the 2012 Olympics in London, she was part of a Great Britain contingency that included tennis star Andy Murray.
Information related to Eilish McColgan
- Lennie Waite - Lennie Waite is a British track and field athlete. She represented Great Britain in the 2016 Summer Olympics in the 3000m Steeplechase. She holds a personal best of 9:35.91 in the 3000m Steeplechase, achieved on June 12, 2016 at the Portland Track Festival.
- Scottish female long-distance runners
- British female steeplechase runners
- Scottish female middle-distance runners
- British female long-distance runners
- Commonwealth Games competitors for Scotland
- Alumni of the University of Dundee
- Sportspeople from Dundee
- Athletes (track and field) at the 2014 Commonwealth Games