Eirik Holmen Johansen is a Norwegian footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Sandefjord. Johansen played for Teie IF in his native Norway before joining the Manchester City Academy system at the age of 16. Johansen has represented Norway at youth international level.
About Eirik Johansen
MLS goalkeeper who joined the United States' top league in 2015 by signing with New York City FC. He'd previously played with Scunthorpe United and Sandefjord on loan from Man City.
He played youth soccer with Teie until 2008, when he joined Manchester City's academy side. He reached the senior club in 2012, but didn't make an appearance with the team.
He's represented Norway at every youth level from U15 to U23, excluding U20.
He has an older brother named Tobias who's also played as a professional goalkeeper.
He and Mix Diskerud both signed with NYCFC in 2015.
Information related to Eirik Johansen
- Norwegian expatriates in England
- New York City FC players
- Norway under-21 international footballers
- Sandefjord Fotball players
- Norway youth international footballers
- Wilmington Hammerheads FC players
- Norwegian expatriates in the United States
- Norwegian expatriate footballers
- Scunthorpe United F.C. players