Eliud Kipchoge EGH is a Kenyan long-distance runner who has participated in a marathon and has already competed in 5,000 meters. He is the world marathon record with a time of 2:01:39, set on September 16, 2018 at the Berlin Marathon 2018. His run broke the previous world record by 1 minute 18 seconds. He has been described as "the greatest marathon runner of the modern era". Eliud won his first personal world title in 2003 by winning the children's race at the IAAF World Championship and setting a youth record above 5,000 meters on the track. At the age of 18, he became a senior world champion at a distance of 5,000 meters at the 2003 World Athletic Championships with a championship record, followed by an Olympic bronze medal for Kenya in 2004 and a bronze medal at IAAF World Indoor Championship 2006
|Event(s)||Marathon, 5000 m|
|Coached by||Patrick Sang|
|World finals||2003 Paris, 5000 m, 01! Gold, 2005 Helsinki, 5000 m, 4th, 2007 Osaka, 5000 m, 02! Silver, 2009 Berlin, 5000 m, 5th, 2011 Daegu, 5000 m, 7th|
|Olympic finals||2004 Athens, 5000 m, 03! Bronze, 2008 Beijing, 5000 m, 02! Silver, 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Marathon, 01! Gold|
|Personal best(s)||Marathon: 2:01:39 WR (Berlin 2018), 10,000 m: 26:49.02 (Hengelo 2007), 5000 m: 12:46.53 (Rome 2004), Mile: 3:50.40 (London 2004)|
|Eliud Kipchoge's Twitter|
|Eliud Kipchoge's Instagram|
|Eliud Kipchoge's Facebook|
Long-distance runner who won the gold medal in the marathon at the 2016 Olympic Games. He set the official world record for a marathon time after coming in just over 2 hours at the 2018 Berlin Marathon.
He debuted on the international stage at the 2003 IAAF World Cross Country Championships. He won the 5000 meter event and set a junior world record for his finishing time.
He set the Guinness Book of World Records-approved record time of the fastest marathon distance for men when he timed in at under 2 hours on a specially designed course for the Ineos 1:59 Challenge in October 2019. He won four London Marathons between 2015-2019.
He was raised by a single mother in Kenya. He is married with three children.
He competed against Mo Farah at the 2018 London Marathon, which he eventually won.
- 5,000 meters at the Olympics - 5,000 meters at the Summer Olympics have been disputed since the fifth edition of the multi-sports event. 5000m men have participated in the Olympic athletics program since 1912
- Kenya at the World Athletic Championships - Kenya has competed in every edition of the IAAF World Athletic Championships since its inception in 1983. The country has won the second most number of gold medals. at the tournament and got the third highest medal total.
- Alumni of Order of the Golden Heart of Kenya
- Athlete wins Olympic gold medal for Kenya
- Olympic bronze medalist for Kenya
- Men won the London Marathon
- Male winner of the Berlin Marathon
- Winner of the Men's Marathon in Chicago
- Olympic silver medalist for Kenya
- Commonwealth Games silver medalist for Kenya
- Kenyan male middle distance runner
- Kenyan male marathon runner
- Kenyan Olympic athletes
- Kenyan male long distance runner
- Athletes (Track and Field) at the 2010 Commonwealth Games TM_VZ! Athletes who win Olympic gold in track and field (track and field)
Latest information about Eliud Kipchoge updated on June 14 2021.