Elon Reeve Musk is a business magnate, industrial designer, and engineer. He is the founder, CEO, CTO, and chief designer of SpaceX; early stage investor, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc.; founder of The Boring Company; co-founder of Neuralink; and co-founder and initial co-chairman of OpenAI. A centibillionaire, Musk is one of the richest people in the world. Musk was born to a Canadian mother and South African father and raised in Pretoria, South Africa. He briefly attended the University of Pretoria before moving to Canada aged 17 to attend Queen's University. He transferred to the University of Pennsylvania two years later, where he received bachelor's degrees in economics and physics. He moved to California in 1995 to attend Stanford University but decided instead to pursue a business career, co-founding the web software company Zip2 with brother Kimbal. The startup was acquired by Compaq for $307 million in 1999.
|Born||Elon Reeve Musk, June 28, 1971, Pretoria, South Africa|
|Citizenship||South Africa (1971–present), Canada (1971–present), United States (2002–present)|
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania (BS & BA, 1997)|
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, industrial designer, engineer|
|Net worth||US$186.8 billion (April 24, 2021)|
|Title||Founder, CEO, lead designer of SpaceX, CEO, product architect of Tesla, Inc, Founder of The Boring Company and X.com, Co-founder of Neuralink, OpenAI, and Zip2, Chairman of SolarCity|
|Parents||Errol Musk (father), Maye Musk (mother)|
|Relatives||Tosca Musk (sister), Kimbal Musk (brother), Lyndon Rive (cousin)|
|Elon Musk's Twitter|
|Elon Musk's Instagram|
|IMDb||Elon Musk's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes||Elon Musk's Rotten Tomatoes|
|Spotify||Elon Musk's Spotify|
|SoundCloud||Elon Musk's SoundCloud|
|iTunes||Elon Musk's iTunes|
American Engineer who founded PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla Motors and Neuralink. As of January 2021, he is the richest person in the world with a net worth of $188 billion.
He received economics and physics degrees from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
He became a naturalized American citizen in 2002.
His brother Kimbal and sister Tosca were CEOs of OneRiot and Musk Entertainment, respectively. In 2000, he married Justine Musk and after having six sons, the couple divorced in 2008. He and actress Talulah Riley were married two separate times. In 2017, he briefly dated actress Amber Heard. Then in 2018, he began dating singer Grimes. He and Grimes welcomed a son named X Æ A-12 in 2020.
He was the inspiration for director Jon Favreau's take on classic comic book character Tony Stark in the Iron Man film. He appeared on Joe Rogan's Podcast.
- Elon Musk Category
- SpaceX people
- American aerospace designers
- California Institute of Technology trustees
- People in the space industry
- Alumni of Pretoria Boys High School
- Royal Aeronautical Society Gold Medal winners
- PayPal people
- American Internet company founders
- People associated with solar power
- Sustainable transport pioneers
- American aerospace businesspeople
- American chief executives of energy companies
- Industrial designers
- Stanford University people
- American chief executives in the automobile industry
- American founders of automobile manufacturers
- Chief technology officers
- Space advocates
- South African emigrants to the United States
- American nonprofit executives
- American software engineers
- Giving Pledgers
- Businesspeople in software
- American chief executives of manufacturing companies
- Science fiction fans
- American computer programmers
- American corporate directors
- American technology company founders
- American computer businesspeople
- Naturalized citizens of Canada
Latest information about Elon Musk updated on June 14 2021.