Enrique Peña Nieto OMRI GCB, commonly referred to by his initials EPN, is a Mexican politician who served as the 57th President of Mexico from 1 December 2012, to 30 November 2018. A member of the PRI, he previously served as Governor of the State of Mexico from 2005 to 2011, local deputy from 2003 to 2004, and Secretary of Administration from 2000 to 2002. Born in Atlacomulco and raised in Toluca, Peña Nieto attended Panamerican University, graduating with a B.A. in legal studies. After attaining a M.B.A. from ITESM, he began his political career by joining the Institutional Revolutionary Party in 1984. After serving as a public notary in Mexico City, he began an ascension through local political ranks in the late 1990s, culminating in his 2005 campaign for Governor of the State of Mexico. As governor, he pledged to deliver 608 compromisos to his constituency to varying levels of success.
|Twitter:||Enrique Peña Nieto's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Enrique Peña Nieto's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Enrique Peña Nieto's Facebook profile|
About Enrique Peña Nieto
Mexico's 57th president who began his six year term in 2012, vowing to reinvigorate the country's economy and crack down on the drug wars.
With his PRI party thrown from power 12 years before for corruption, some of his critics feared his ascension meant a return to the bad old ways.
He faced a challenge in the drug war that killed an estimated 50,000 people, and in a break from policies of the past he sought to reduce drug violence rather than take on the cartels.
He has a total of four children. He has been married twice, first to Mónica Pretelini Sáenz then, following their divorce, to actress Angélica Rivera. In 2019, he began dating model Tania Ruiz Eichelmann.
He took over the presidency from Felipe Calderon.
Information related to Enrique Peña Nieto
- 2015 Mexican legislative election - Legislative elections were held in Mexico on 7 June 2015, alongside municipal elections.
- 2012 Mexican general election - General elections were held in Mexico on Sunday, July 1, 2012. Voters went to the polls to elect, on the federal level: • A new President of the Republic to serve a six-year term, replacing then President Felipe Calderón.
- 2005 State of Mexico election - A gubernatorial election was held in the State of México on Sunday, 3 July 2005.
- Governors of the State of Mexico
- Collars of the Order of Abdulaziz al Saud
- Collars of the Order of the Liberator General San Martin
- Grand Collars of the Order of Prince Henry
- Recipients of the Order of the Sun of Peru
- Knights Grand Cross with Collar of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- Presidents of Mexico
- Collars of the Order of Isabella the Catholic
- Mexican Roman Catholics
- Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education alumni
- Honorary Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath
- Politicians from the State of Mexico