Eoin Joseph Gerard Morgan is an Irish-born cricketer who captains the England cricket team in limited overs cricket. A left-handed batsman, he plays county cricket for Middlesex and has played for England's Test, One Day International, and Twenty20 International teams. He previously played for the Ireland cricket team in ODIs, and was the first player to score an ODI hundred for two nations. His ability to hit boundaries at the end of innings sees him labelled as a "finisher"; he is also among the most skilful exponents of the reverse sweep shot. After Alastair Cook was removed from the ODI captaincy on 19 December 2014, Morgan was named as the England captain for the 2015 Cricket World Cup, having already captained England in ODIs and T20Is as a stand-in. He is the only England captain to have scored more than 4 ODI centuries. Under his captaincy, England won the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, the first time they had won the tournament.
|Full name:||Eoin Joseph Gerard Morgan|
|Born:||September 10, 1986, Dublin, Ireland|
|Bowling style:||Right-arm medium|
|Twitter:||Eoin Morgan's Twitter profile|
About Eoin Morgan
Irish cricket star made his international debut with England and Ireland in 2010.
He led his Catholic University School to three cup titles as a student.
He served as captain for England's U20 cricket team.
He has a brother, fellow cricketer Gavin Morgan.
He has played One Day International cricket with captain Paul Collingwood .
Information related to Eoin Morgan
- English cricket captains
- Cricketers who have played for more than one international team
- Ireland One Day International cricketers
- Peshawar Zalmi cricketers
- Karachi Kings cricketers
- Cricket players from County Dublin
- Sunrisers Hyderabad cricketers
- Sydney Thunder cricketers
- England Twenty20 International cricketers
- Kolkata Knight Riders cricketers
- Kings XI Punjab cricketers
- Royal Challengers Bangalore cricketers
- Cricketers at the 2007 Cricket World Cup
- Cricketers at the 2015 Cricket World Cup
- Cricketers at the 2011 Cricket World Cup
- England One Day International cricketers
- People educated at Dulwich College
- Irish cricketers
- Wisden Cricketers of the Year
- England Test cricketers