Eric Roberson is a singer, songwriter and producer from Rahway, New Jersey. He is sometimes referred to simply as Erro, the name which he later used as part of his label Blue Erro Soul. His first single, "The Moon", was released through Warner Bros. Records in 1994 and recorded an album for that label which remains unreleased. He subsequently returned to Howard University to complete his studies in Musical Theatre. After performing in a number of musicals and plays, he landed a songwriting deal through the EMI label, and went on to collaborate with Philadelphia-based artists such as Jill Scott, Musiq Soulchild, and most extensively, DJ Jazzy Jeff. As a member of Jeff's A Touch of Jazz production company, Roberson made contributions to Jeff's debut album, The Magnificent in 2002. He continued songwriting work as well as releasing his own material through his Blue Erro Soul imprint. He also appeared on DJ Spinna's Intergalactic Soul LP in 2006.
|Birth name:||Eric Roberson|
|Born:||September 26, 1976, Rahway, New Jersey, United States|
|Genres:||R&B, neo soul|
|Occupation(s):||Singer-songwriter, Record producer|
|Instruments:||Vocals, Fender Rhodes, Drum Machine|
|Labels:||Warner Bros, Blue Erro Soul, Purpose, E1 Music, Liaison|
|Associated acts:||Vivian Green, DJ Spinna, Phonte, Musiq Soulchild, Jill Scott, DJ Jazzy Jeff|
|Website:||Eric Roberson's Official site|
|Twitter:||Eric Roberson's Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Eric Roberson's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Eric Roberson's IMDb|
About Eric Roberson
Acclaimed soul and R&B singer who has made waves with albums like 2009's Music Fan First, released on his Blue Erro Soul label. He is also known for his frequent collaborations with DJ Jazzy Jeff.
He was born in the city of Rahway and released his first single, "The Moon," in 1994.
He received Grammy nominations for Best Urban/Alternative Performance in 2010 for "A Tale of Two" and in 2011 for "Still."
He married Shawn Martha Renee Roberson in 2008.
He provided background vocals for the song "Tomorrow" by rapper Cameron Ezike Giles, a.k.a. Cam'ron, in 2002.
Information related to Eric Roberson
- DJ Jazzy Jeff - Jeffrey Allen Townes, known professionally as DJ Jazzy Jeff or simply Jazz, is an American record producer, DJ, actor and comedian who is best known for his friendship and collaboration with Will Smith as DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince.
- DJ Spinna - Vincent E. Williams, better known by his stage name DJ Spinna, is an American hip hop producer from Brooklyn. According to Allmusic, he has "remained strictly an underground artist despite his astonishing talent."
- Jill Scott - Jill Scott is an American singer-songwriter, model, poet and actress. Her 2000 debut, Who Is Jill Scott? Words and Sounds Vol. 1, went platinum, and the follow-ups Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2 and The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3 both achieved gold status.
- Musiq Soulchild - Taalib Johnson, professionally known as Musiq Soulchild or simply Musiq is an American singer and songwriter whose style blends R&B, funk, blues, jazz, gospel influences fused with hip hop.
- Neo soul - Neo soul is a genre of popular music.
- Dwele - Andwele Gardner, better known by his stage name Dwele, is an American soul singer, songwriter and record producer from Detroit, Michigan.