Erick Thohir is an Indonesian politician and businessman. He is the founder and chairman of Mahaka Group, a holding company which focuses on media and entertainment. He is also the former owner of Inter Milan and D.C. United, Director of Oxford United and President Director of antv and President of the Indonesian Olympic Committee. As of 23 October 2019 he is Minister of State Owned Enterprises in Indonesia.
|Born:||May 30, 1970, Jakarta, Indonesia|
|Alma mater:||Glendale Community College (California) (B.A.), National University (California) (M.B.A.)|
|Known for:||Vice President Commissioner of Mahaka Media, Former owner of Inter Milan, Owner of Persib Bandung, Former owner of D.C. United, President Director of Visi Media Asia, President of INASGOC, President Director of antv, Director of Oxford United|
|Vice President:||Ma'ruf Amin|
|Preceded by:||Rini Soemarno|
About Erick Thohir
Indonesian businessman who is the founder and chairman of the Mahaka Group, a holding company that focuses on multi platform media and entertainment. He is also the chairman and minority owner of Inter Milan, the President Director of antv, and the owner of D.C. United, an American professional soccer club based in Washington D.C. In
He received his master's degree in 1993 from the National University in California.
He founded the Dharma Bhakti Foundation after the oldest Chinese temple in Jakarta, the iconic Dharma Bhakti Buddhist temple, burnt down in 2015. The foundation is dedicated to the temple's restoration and preservation.
His wife is Elizabeth Tjandra. They have four kids, Mahatma Arfala, Mahendra Agakha, Makayla Amadia, and Magisha Afryea Thohir.
In 2018, he was asked by Joko Widodo to be chief of his re-election campaign in the 2019 presidential election.
Information related to Erick Thohir
- Mahaka Media - PT Mahaka Media Tbk, formerly known as Abdi Bangsa, is a multiplatform media company that creates, sells, aggregates and delivers community content through whatever platform consumers demand.
- Jak TV - Jak TV is an Indonesian free-to-air local television channel broadcasting from the Jabodetabek area. It is owned by Mahaka Media and was launched on October 2004. Jak TV's programming is focused towards news, air magazines and soft news.
- 2018 Asian Games - The 2018 Asian Games, officially known as the 18th Asian Games and also known as Jakarta–Palembang 2018, was a pan-Asian multi-sport event held from 18 August to 2 September 2018 in the Indonesian cities of Jakarta and Palembang.
- Philadelphia 76ers executives
- Indonesian socialites
- Indonesian billionaires
- D.C. United owners
- Indonesian businesspeople
- Government ministers of Indonesia
- International Olympic Committee members
- Indonesian Muslims