Erick Wainaina is a Kenyan marathon runner, who won an Olympic bronze medal in 1996 and a silver medal in 2000. He finished seventh in the 2004 Summer Olympics marathon in Athens, making him one of the few athletes in Olympic history to finish in the top 10 at three separate marathons.
About Erick Wainaina
Marathon runner who won a bronze medal at the 1996 Summer Olympics and silver at the 2000 Olympics; also won the Tokyo Marathon in 1995 and 2002.
He competed in track and field in high school in Kenya.
He won the Nagano Marathon in 2000 and 2003.
He grew up in Nyahururu, Kenya.
Bernard Lagat also competed for Kenya at the 2000 Olympics, winning bronze in the men's 1,500 meter race.
Information related to Erick Wainaina
- Olympic bronze medalists for Kenya
- Olympic silver medalists for Kenya
- Kenyan male marathon runners
- Olympic athletes of Kenya
- Athletes (track and field) at the 2002 Commonwealth Games
- Kenyan male long-distance runners