Erik Robert Johnson is an American ice hockey defenseman and alternate captain for the Colorado Avalanche in the National Hockey League. Nicknamed the "Condor", Johnson formerly played for the St. Louis Blues, with whom he began his NHL career. Additionally, he has represented the United States in numerous tournaments. Johnson, the first overall pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, was drafted by the Blues from USA Hockey's National Team Development Program and played one season at the University of Minnesota before joining the NHL with St. Louis in 2007–08.
|Twitter:||Erik Johnson's Twitter profile|
About Erik Johnson
Defenseman who was the first overall selection in the 2006 NHL draft by the St. Louis Blues, debuting for the team the following season.
He played college hockey at the University of Minnesota.
He won silver with the US national team at the 2010 games in Vancouver.
He was born to Bruce and Peggy Johnson.
Sidney Crosby was the first overall pick in the draft a year before Johnson.
Information related to Erik Johnson
- Sportspeople from Bloomington, Minnesota
- National Hockey League first overall draft picks
- Minnesota Golden Gophers men's ice hockey players
- Olympic silver medalists for the United States in ice hockey
- Peoria Rivermen (AHL) players
- USA Hockey National Team Development Program players
- St. Louis Blues draft picks
- Colorado Avalanche players
- Ice hockey players at the 2010 Winter Olympics
- Medalists at the 2010 Winter Olympics
- National Hockey League All-Stars
- Ice hockey people from Minnesota
- St. Louis Blues players