Erik Mongrain is a Canadian composer and guitarist. He has a unique and dark acoustic style, with a wide array of different techniques, approaches and textures reminiscent of Michael Hedges.
|Born:||Apr 12, 1980, Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Labels:||Prophase Music and Music Video Distributors|
|Website:||Erik Mongrain's Official site|
|Spotify:||Erik Mongrain's Spotify|
About Erik Mongrain
Guitarist and composer known for his unique musical approach and lap tapping on the acoustic guitar.
He started teaching himself to play guitar when he was fourteen years old.
He has been viewed on YouTube millions of times.
His family encouraged his pursuit of music.
His greatest influence has been guitarist Michael Hedges.
Information related to Erik Mongrain
- Tapping - Tapping is a guitar playing technique where a string is fretted and set into vibration as part of a single motion of being pushed onto the fretboard, as opposed to the standard technique being fretted with one hand and picked with the other.
- Michael Hedges - Michael Alden Hedges was an American composer, acoustic guitarist and singer-songwriter.
- Preston Reed - Preston Reed is an American fingerstyle guitarist. He is noted for a two-handed playing style and compositional approach that integrates the percussive potential of the guitar body.
- Don Ross - Donald James Ross, or Don Ross, is a Canadian fingerstyle guitarist. He is the only person to win the National Fingerstyle Guitar Championship twice. His album Huron Street reached the top ten on the Billboard New-age chart.
- Canadian jazz guitarists
- Canadian YouTubers
- Canadian Internet celebrities
- Canadian film score composers
- Fingerstyle guitarists
- Musicians from Montreal