Dame Evelyn Elizabeth Ann Glennie, is a Scottish virtuoso multi-percussionist, performing internationally with a wide variety of orchestras and contemporary musicians. She was selected as one of the two laureates for the Polar Music Prize of 2015.
|Birth name:||Evelyn Elizabeth Ann Glennie|
|Born:||July 19, 1965, Aberdeenshire, Scotland|
|Website:||Evelyn Glennie's Official site|
|IMDb:||Evelyn Glennie's IMDb|
|Spotify:||Evelyn Glennie's Spotify|
About Evelyn Glennie
Award-winning deaf Scottish percussionist who has released albums, including The Sugar Factory.
She started losing her hearing at age eight. She studied Ellon Academy and the Royal Academy of Music.
She won the 1989 Grammy Award for Best Chamber Music Performance.
She divorced composer Greg Malcangi in 2003.
She was incorporated into the 2012 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony with Rowan Atkinson .
Information related to Evelyn Glennie
- What Do Artists Do All Day? - What Do Artists Do All Day? is a documentary series, airing on BBC Four. Film crews accompany various prominent artists as they go about their daily schedules and share insights into their working lives and creative processes.
- Deaf classical musicians
- Scottish percussionists
- People educated at Ellon Academy
- Women in classical music
- Fellows of the Royal Academy of Music
- Musicians awarded knighthoods
- Members of the Order of the Companions of Honour