Gabriel Landeskog is a Swedish professional ice hockey forward who currently serves as captain of the Colorado Avalanche of the National Hockey League. He was selected second overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by Colorado. On 4 September 2012, Landeskog was named the fourth captain in Colorado Avalanche history, at the time becoming the youngest captain in NHL history at 19 years and 286 days.
|Twitter:||Gabriel Landeskog's Twitter profile|
About Gabriel Landeskog
NHL winger who became the youngest captain in NHL history (19 years, 9 months, and 13 days) with the Colorado Avalanche in 2012.
He made his professional hockey debut in the Swedish Elite League at the age of 16 years and 90 days - the youngest in Djurgarden's history - and competed for Sweden in the U-18 Championship.
He was the Calder Memorial Trophy as NHL's Rookie of the Year in 2012, finishing with a team-leading 22 goals and 30 assists.
His father Tony is a former defenseman for Hammarby in the Swedish Elite League. His mother Cecelia is a chef. He has an older brother named Adam and a twin sister named Beatrice.
He grew up idolizing another great Swede on the Colorado Avalanche: Peter Forsberg.
Information related to Gabriel Landeskog
- Calder Trophy winners
- Swedish expatriate ice hockey people
- Colorado Avalanche draft picks
- Kitchener Rangers players
- Swedish expatriate sportspeople in the United States
- Colorado Avalanche players
- Djurgårdens IF Hockey players
- Olympic ice hockey players of Sweden
- Olympic silver medalists for Sweden
- Ice hockey players at the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Medalists at the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Sportspeople from Stockholm