Gakuto Oshiro, better known by his mononymous stage name Gackt, is a Japanese musician, singer, songwriter, record producer and actor. Born in Okinawa, Japan, to a Ryukyuan family, Gackt learned the piano at a young age and was raised on classical music and enka before becoming interested in rock music while attending high school. He has been active since 1993, first as the frontman of the short-lived independent band Cains:Feel, and then for the now-defunct visual kei rock band Malice Mizer, before starting his solo career in 1999. He has released nine studio albums and, with forty-eight singles released, holds the male soloist record for most top ten consecutive singles in Japanese music history. His single "Returner", released on June 20, 2007, was his first and only single to reach the number one spot on the Oricon charts. As a solo artist, Gackt has sold over 10 million records.
|Born:||July 4, 1973, Okinawa, Japan|
|Occupation(s):||Musician, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor|
|Instruments:||Vocals, piano, drums, guitar|
|Labels:||G&Lovers, Gan-Shin, Nippon Crown, Avex Group|
|Associated acts:||Malice Mizer, S.K.I.N, Yellow Fried Chickenz|
|Website:||Gackt's Official site|
|Twitter:||Gackt's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Gackt's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Gackt's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Gackt's Youtube channel|
Japanese rock star who set a record for the greatest number of consecutive Top Ten tracks by a male Japanese solo artist. He has won numerous awards, including Best Asian Rock Artist at the M.net/Km Music Video Festival.
He worked as a studio technician and was a member of the band Cains:Feel for a short time.
He wrote and acted in the film "Moon Child" in 2003.
Both of his parents worked as teachers. He was once married for a brief amount of time.
He co-starred with fellow Japanese rock star Hyde in "Moon Child".
Information related to Gackt
- Közi - Közi is a Japanese musician, singer-songwriter and DJ. He is best known as guitarist for the visual kei rock band Malice Mizer. After the band went on indefinite hiatus in 2001, he formed the industrial rock duo Eve of Destiny and also started a solo career.
- Yoshiki (musician) - Yoshiki Hayashi, known by the mononym Yoshiki, is a Japanese musician, songwriter, composer and record producer. He is best known as a co-founder of the visual kei rock band X Japan, for which he is the drummer, pianist and main songwriter.
- Matt Heafy - Matthew Kiichi Heafy is a Japanese-born American musician best known as the guitarist and lead vocalist for the American heavy metal band Trivium. Heafy is also the lead vocalist for the band Capharnaum, along with Trivium's former producer Jason Suecof.
- Musicians from Okinawa Prefecture
- Visual kei musicians
- Gan-Shin artists
- Japanese male rock singers
- Ryukyuan people
- Japanese male singer-songwriters
- Japanese male pop singers
- Avex Group artists
- 21st-century Japanese male actors
- Japanese male voice actors