Geoffrey Robert Marsh is a former Australian cricketer, coach and selector. He played 50 Test matches and 117 One Day Internationals for Australia as an opening batsman. As the coach of Australia he was in charge when Australia won the 1999 Cricket World Cup in England. He later coached Zimbabwe and Sri Lanka.
|Full name:||Geoffrey Robert Marsh|
|Born:||Dec 31, 1958, Northam, Western Australia|
|Bowling style:||Right arm off-spin|
|Relations:||Shaun Marsh (son), Mitchell Marsh (son), Melissa Marsh (daughter)|
About Geoff Marsh
Opening batsman who played domestically for Western Australia from 1977-1994, and internationally for Australia from 1985-1992.
He was a very successful youth player before making his first class debut as a 19-year old.
He won the 1987 World Cup as a player, and the 1999 World Cup as a coach.
His sons, Mitchell and Shaun, are both accomplished cricketers, while his daughter, Melissa, is a successful basketball player.
One of his sons, Shaun Marsh, also played for Western Australia and Australia.
Information related to Geoff Marsh
- Australian cricket captains
- Coaches of the Sri Lanka national cricket team
- Australian expatriates in Sri Lanka
- Coaches of the Australia national cricket team
- Coaches of the Zimbabwe national cricket team
- Western Australian Sports Star of the Year winners
- Indian Premier League coaches
- People educated at Hale School
- Australian cricket coaches
- Cricketers from Western Australia
- South Fremantle Football Club players
- Australia One Day International cricketers
- Western Australia cricketers
- Australia Test cricketers