Geoffrey Roy Rush is an acclaimed Australian actor of the stage and screen. He is known for his roles in various films including, his role as Captain Barbossa in the Pirates of the Caribbean films. Rush won an Academy Award for Shine, and was nominated for his performances in Shakespeare in Love, Quills, and The King's Speech. He also appeared in various films including Elizabeth, Les Miserables, Frida, Munich, and The Book Thief. Rush got his start in the Australian stage before making his Broadway debut in Exit the King in 2009, where he received a Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play his performance. Rush is also known for his work in television playing Peter Sellers in The Life and Death of Peter Sellers on HBO and a Albert Einstein in Genius on National Geographic. One of Australia's most accomplished actors, Rush is amongst 24 people who have won the Triple Crown of Acting: an Academy Award for film, a Primetime Emmy Award for television, and a Tony Award for theatre.
|Born:||Geoffrey Roy Rush, July 6, 1951, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia|
|Residence:||Camberwell, Victoria, Australia|
|Other names:||Geoff Rush|
|Education:||Everton Park State High School|
|Alma mater:||University of Queensland (BA)|
|Awards:||Academy Award, British Academy Film Award Golden Globe Award, Primetime Emmy Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, Tony Award|
|IMDb:||Geoffrey Rush's IMDb|
About Geoffrey Rush
Academy Award-winning actor well known for his role in The King's Speech and for playing Captain Barbossa in the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. In 2017 he began starring in National Geographic's original series Genius, in the role of Albert Einstein.
He spent four months co-starring in a stage production of Waiting for Godot with Mel Gibson.
He is one of few people to have won the Triple Crown of acting: an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony Award. He founded and served as president of the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts and in 2012, was named the Australian of the Year.
He married actress Jane Menelaus in 1988. He has a son named James and a daughter named Angelica.
He was in The King's Speech with Colin Firth.
Information related to Geoffrey Rush
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Miniseries or Television Movie Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Male actors from Brisbane
- Best Actor AACTA Award winners
- Best Miniseries or Television Movie Actor Golden Globe winners
- Best Supporting Actor BAFTA Award winners
- Best Actor BAFTA Award winners
- Outstanding Performance by a Lead Actor in a Miniseries or Movie Primetime Emmy Award winners
- Best Drama Actor Golden Globe (film) winners
- Australian of the Year Award winners
- Best Actor Academy Award winners
- Australian male voice actors
- Male actors from Melbourne
- Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Helpmann Award winners
- 21st-century Australian male actors
- Theatre World Award winners
- 20th-century Australian male actors
- University of Queensland alumni
- Companions of the Order of Australia
- Drama Desk Award winners
- Recipients of the Centenary Medal
- Australian male film actors