George Edward Foreman is an American former professional boxer, businessman, minister and author. A professional martial artist, he is nicknamed "Big George" and competed from 1969 to 1997. He is a two-time heavyweight world champion and Olympic gold medalist. As an entrepreneur, he is best known for George Foreman Grill. After a difficult childhood, Foreman pursued a boxing career and won a gold medal in the weight class at the 1968 Summer Olympics. Turning professional the following year, he won the World Heavyweight Championship with a superb second-round knockout against the unbeaten Joe Frazier in 1973. He defended the belt twice before suffering his first professional defeat. Muhammad Ali first at the battle of the iconic Rumble in the Jungle in 1974. Unable to secure another title chance, Foreman retired after losing to Jimmy Young in 1977. After what he called Religious epiphany, Foreman became an ordained Christian pastor.
|Real name||George Edward Foreman|
|Born||January 10, 1949, Marshall, Texas, U.S.|
|Stance||"text-align:center, vertical-align:middle, "mw:Help:Magic words#Other, This page is a.|
|Wins by KO||68|
|George Foreman's Twitter|
|IMDb||George Foreman's IMDb|
Two-time heavyweight boxing champion who compiled 76 wins, 68 by knockout, during his legendary career. He won a gold medal in the heavyweight event at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico City.
He dropped out of high school when he was 15 years old before finding some stability in his life through Job Corps. His first professional fight came in 1969.
In 1994, he became the spokesman for a popular line of cooking grills that shared his name, an enterprise estimated to have netted him nearly a quarter of a billion dollars.
He has twelve children, and each of his five sons is named George. None of his first four marriages, to Adrienne Calhoun, Cynthia Lewis, Sharon Goodson and Andrea Skeete, lasted more than four years. In 1985, he married Mary Joan Martelly.
He was defeated by the legendary Muhammad Ali in the famous Rumble in the Jungle fight in 1974.
- Texas Sports Hall of Fame - The Texas Sports Hall of Fame recognizes athletes, coaches and administrators for having "a lasting reputation and honor for the sports of Texas". It was founded in 1951 by the Texas Sports Writers Association.
- George Foreman Grill - The George Foreman Medium Slimming Grill, commonly known as the George Foreman Grill, is a portable electric grill made by Spectrum Brands. He was promoted by former boxing champion George Foreman.
- Olympic gold medalists for the United States in boxing
- The boxers are from Texas
- Heavyweight boxing world champion
- African American Christian Rabbi
- Winner of the American Championship for amateur boxers
- Boxers at the 1968 Summer Olympics
- American Protestants
- Introduced into the International Boxing Hall of Fame
- American Olympic boxers
- African American boxer
- American Catholic Rabbi
- Champion of the International Boxing Federation
- World Boxing Council Champions
- African American businessman
- World Boxing Association Champion
Latest information about George Foreman updated on June 14 2021.