About George Morris
Famous for his work as a show jumper and hunter, this accomplished equestrian won a team silver medal in show jumping at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Italy. Many years later, he coached the 2008 gold medal-winning American Olympic equestrian team.
When he was fourteen years old, he became the youngest equestrian in history to win the AHSA Hunt Seat Equitation Final and the ASPCA Maclay Horsemanship Final.
His horsemanship manual, Hunter Seat Equitation, is considered one of the most important texts in the history of equestrian sports.
The child of Alice and Harry Morris, he spent his youth in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Morris' fellow equestrian, William Fox-Pitt, also medaled at the Olympic games.
Information related to George Morris
- George H. Morris George H. Morris is an American trainer and judge of horses and riders in hunter and show jumper...
- George Pope Morris An American editor, poet, and songwriter.
- George Franklin Morris A former United States federal judge.
- George L.K. Morris An American artist, writer, and editor who advocated for an "American abstract art" during the...
- George Mortimer Morris A senior British Indian Army officer during the First World War.
- George Q. Morris A member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...
- George S. Morris (musician) George Smith Morris, The Buchan Chiel, was born in Aberdeen in 1876 and died in 1958.
- George Sylvester Morris An American educator and philosophical writer.
- George Henry Morris Lieutenant-Colonel The Hon. George Henry Morris was the first commanding officer to lead an Irish...
- George Morris (MP) An Irish Home Rule League politician.
- George Morris (Australian politician) A member of the Queensland Legislative Assembly.
- George Morris (New Zealand politician) A 19th-century Member of Parliament from the Gisborne and Bay of Plenty regions of New Zealand.
- George Morris (American football) George Augustus Morris, Jr. was an American football player.
- George Morris (footballer) George R. Morris was an English footballer who made 103 appearances in the Football League...
- George Morris (umpire) A former New Zealand cricket umpire.
- George Taylor Morris An American disc jockey and radio personality who grew up with and on the radio.