George Soros, is a Hungarian-American billionaire investor and philanthropist. In March 2021, he had a net worth of $ 8.6 billion, donated over $ 32 billion to Open Society Foundations, of which $ 15 billion was distributed, accounting for 64% of the board's net worth administration. him the "most generous donor" according to Forbes Born in Budapest, Soros survived the German occupation of Hungary and settled in Britain in 1947. He studied at the London School of Economics and earned a BA, then a Master's and finally a Doctorate of Philosophy at the University of London. Soros began his business career with various jobs in investment banking in the UK and later in the US, before launching his first hedge fund, Double Eagle, in 1969. Profits from his first fund provided the principal to start Soros Fund Management, its second hedge fund, in 1970 .
|Born||György Schwartz, August 12, 1930, Budapest, Kingdom of Hungary|
|Citizenship||Hungary, United States|
|Education||London School of Economics (BA, MA, DPhil)|
|Occupation||Investor, hedge fund manager, author, and philanthropist|
|Known for||Philanthropy, Managing Soros Fund Management, Founding the Open Society Foundations, Advising the Quantum Fund|
|Net worth||US$8.6 billion (March 2021)|
|Children||5, including Jonathan and Alexander|
|Relatives||Paul Soros (brother)|
|Website||George Soros's Official site|
|George Soros's Twitter|
|IMDb||George Soros's IMDb|
|iTunes||George Soros's iTunes|
Hungarian-born entrepreneur, philanthropist, and investor who served as chairman of Soros Fund Management.
He was born in Budapest, Hungary, and he lived in England for a time before moving to New York City in 1956.
He donated more than eight billion dollars to charitable organizations and aided in Hungary's transition from a communist to a capitalist system.
He married and divorced both Annaliese Witschak and Susan Weber Soros before marrying his third wife Tamiko Bolton in 2013. His first two marriages produced five children: Robert, Andrea, Jonathan, Alexander, and Gregory.
He studied under philosopher Karl Popper at the London School of Economics.
- Category George Soros
- Forbes 400 - Forbes 400 or 400 Richest Americans is a list published by Forbes magazine of the 400 richest American citizens with assets in the United States, ranked by net worth. The 400 was released by Malcolm Forbes in 1982 and the list is released every year around September
- Scott Bessent, former Director of Investments at Soros Fund Management.
- Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft - Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft is an American consulting organization founded in 2019 and located in Washington, D.C
- Open Society Foundations - The Open Society Foundations, formerly the Open Society Institute, is a sponsorship network founded by business magnate George Soros.
- American anti-globalization writers
- Hungarian Charities
- Hungarian billionaire
- The Hungarian Esperantists
- Critical rationalists
- People convicted of insider trading
- Hungarian investors
- Money Traders of America
- The Soros family
- Hungarian atheist
- Central European University
- US derivative traders
- American Esperantists
- American Merchants Merchants
- Hungarian political writers
- American political fundraisers
- Writer of Globalization
- Drug policy reform advocates
- Stock and commodity market regulators
- American stock traders
- Founder of American financial companies
- American social activists
- American finance and investment editor
- Terra Mariana Cross Recipients, rank 1
- US financial analysts
- American foreign policy writer
- Hedge fund managers of America
- American economic writers
- American Fund Managers
- Founders of universities and colleges
- American business writer
- American financiers
- Hungarian immigrants in the United States
- Jewish atheists
- CEO of US financial services companies
- American investors
- American Jewish Charities
Latest information about George Soros updated on June 14 2021.