Giancarlo Cruz Michael Stanton, formerly known as Mike Stanton, is an American outfielder and designated hitter for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball. He made his MLB debut in 2010 as a member of the Miami Marlins, with whom he played until the end of the 2017 season. Stanton has twice led the National League in home runs; he hit 59 home runs in 2017, the most in 16 years. Known for his prodigious physical strength and ability to regularly hit long home runs, Stanton stands 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 245 pounds. He bats and throws right-handed. Stanton is originally from the Greater Los Angeles region. He graduated from Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, before the Marlins selected him in the second round of the 2007 MLB draft. In 2017, Stanton led the MLB in home runs, runs batted in, and slugging percentage, winning the National League Most Valuable Player Award.
|Twitter:||Giancarlo Stanton's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Giancarlo Stanton's Instagram profile|
About Giancarlo Stanton
Hard-hitting MLB right fielder who was named to his first All-Star team in 2012 while a member of the Miami Marlins. He was named National League MVP after hitting 59 home runs for the Marlins in 2017. After the 2017 season, he was traded to the New York Yankees.
He was offered scholarships to USC for baseball and UCLA for football after graduating from high school.
He hit the fastest off-bat home run in recorded history, at 122.4 mph, on May 21, 2012. In 2016, he won the MLB Home Run Derby, setting the record for most total home runs hit in the event with 61.
He was raised with two siblings named Kairice and Egidio.
Ozzie Guillen was his manager on the Marlins during the 2012 season.
Information related to Giancarlo Stanton
- 50 home run club - In Major League Baseball, the 50 home run club is the group of batters who have hit 50 or more home runs in a single season. Babe Ruth was the first to achieve this, doing so in 1920.
- Major League Baseball Most Valuable Player Award - The Major League Baseball Most Valuable Player Award is an annual Major League Baseball award given to one outstanding player in the American League and one in the National League. Since 1931, it has been awarded by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.
- Miami Marlins award winners and league leaders
- Notre Dame High School (Sherman Oaks, California) alumni
- National League Most Valuable Player Award winners
- National League RBI champions
- National League home run champions
- Greensboro Grasshoppers players
- Jamestown Jammers players
- Gulf Coast Marlins players
- Major League Baseball designated hitters
- Miami Marlins players
- Jupiter Hammerheads players
- Mesa Solar Sox players
- Silver Slugger Award winners
- Sportspeople from Los Angeles County, California
- Florida Marlins players
- Jacksonville Suns players
- Major League Baseball right fielders
- Major League Baseball left fielders