Iván Manuel Nova Guance is a Dominican professional baseball pitcher for the Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball. He previously played for the New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Pirates and Chicago White Sox. Nova grew up poor in the Dominican Republic, where he started playing baseball at a young age. An unheralded prospect, Nova signed as an international free agent with the Yankees in 2004. After pitching in minor league baseball through the 2008 season, the San Diego Padres selected Nova from the Yankees in the Rule 5 draft. The Padres opted not to carry Nova on their 25-man roster, however, and returned him to the Yankees. Nova enjoyed a breakout season in the minors for the Yankees in 2009. He made his MLB debut with the Yankees in 2010, and established himself as a key member of the Yankees' starting rotation during the 2011 season. After struggling in 2012, Nova reemerged in 2013, winning the American League Pitcher of the Month Award for August 2013.
|Twitter:||Iván Nova's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Iván Nova's Instagram profile|
About Ivan Nova
Starting MLB pitcher who made his debut with the New York Yankees in 2010.
He worked at his father's restaurant as a child.
He set the Yankees rookie record with 15 consecutive wins.
He grew up sharing a bed with his four siblings. He married model Ada de la Cruz.
He fell one win short of breaking Roger Clemens' franchise record for consecutive wins in 2012.
Information related to Iván Nova
- Rule 5 draft results - This article contains a list of Rule 5 draft results. Players chosen in the Major League Baseball phase of the Rule 5 draft have to remain on their new team's 25-man roster for the entire following MLB season, or they are placed on waivers and offered back to their original team if not claimed.
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees players
- Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders players
- Charleston RiverDogs players
- Leones del Escogido players
- Gulf Coast Yankees players
- Tampa Yankees players
- Trenton Thunder players