Ivano Balić is a former Croatian professional handballer, World and Olympic champion. He was voted 5 times in a row as the most valuable player in major international competitions, and is one of only four male handball players who received the IHF World Player of the Year award on two occasions. He was voted the best handball player in history in an online poll organised by the International Handball Federation.
About Ivano Balić
Olympian and world handball champion considered to be one of the best players of all time. He represented Croatia in both the 2004 Athens and 2012 London Olympics. He also bore the Croatian flag at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Prior to beginning his handball career, he trained with the KK Split basketball club before joining RK Split in 1997.
He twice received the International Handball Federation World Player of the Year award in 2003 and 2006.
He and his wife Ivana have two sons: Dino and Vigo.
Both he and Ivica Kostelic are former Olympians from Croatia.
Information related to Ivano Balić
- 2008 Summer Olympics national flag bearers - During the Parade of Nations portion of the 2008 Summer Olympics opening ceremony, athletes from each country participating in the Olympics paraded in the arena, preceded by their flag.
- Franjo Bučar Award winners
- SDC San Antonio players
- HSG Wetzlar players
- Olympic bronze medalists for Croatia
- Olympic gold medalists for Croatia
- Olympic handball players of Croatia
- RK Zagreb players
- Croatian male handball players
- Liga ASOBAL players
- Handball players at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Sportspeople from Split, Croatia
- Handball players at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Competitors at the 2001 Mediterranean Games
- Handball players at the 2012 Summer Olympics