Ivano Balić is a former professional Croatian handball player, world and Olympic champion. He has been voted the brightest player in major international competitions five times in a row and is one of the only four male handball athletes to have twice received the IHF Player of the Year award. He was voted the best handball player in history in an online poll organized by the International Handball Federation.
Olympian and world handball champion considered to be one of the best players of all time. He represented Croatia in both the 2004 Athens and 2012 London Olympics. He also bore the Croatian flag at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Prior to beginning his handball career, he trained with the KK Split basketball club before joining RK Split in 1997.
He twice received the International Handball Federation World Player of the Year award in 2003 and 2006.
He and his wife Ivana have two sons: Dino and Vigo.
Both he and Ivica Kostelic are former Olympians from Croatia.
- 2008 Summer Olympics National Flag Carrier - The National Parade for the 2008 Summer Olympics is part of the Opening Ceremony that started the 1896 Olympics. attend the Olympics parade behind your national flag in the Olympic Stadium.
- Laureates of the Franjo Bučar Prize
- SDC San Antonio players
- Olympic bronze medalist for Croatia
- HSG Wetzlar player
- Olympic gold medal winners for Croatia
- Olympic handball players from Croatia
- RK Zagreb players
- Croatian male handball players
- La Liga ASOBAL players
- Handball players at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Handball players at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Handball athletes at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Rivals at the 2001 Mediterranean Olympics
- Athletes from Split, Croatia
Latest information about Ivano Balić updated on June 14 2021.