John Francis Welch Jr. was an American business executive, chemical engineer, and writer. He was chairman and CEO of General Electric between 1981 and 2001. When he retired from GE he received a severance payment of $417 million, the largest such payment in business history. In 2006, Welch's net worth was estimated at $720 million.
|Born:||John Francis Welch Jr, November 19, 1935, Peabody, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Died:||March 01, 2020, New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Alma mater:||University of Massachusetts Amherst (BS), University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign (MS, PhD)|
|Occupation:||Business executive, chemical engineer, writer|
|Home town:||Salem, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Net worth:||US$750 million (May 2018)|
|Title:||Chairman & CEO of General Electric (1981–2001)|
|Twitter:||Jack Welch's Twitter profile|
|IMDb:||Jack Welch's IMDb|
About Jack Welch
Former chairman and CEO of General Electric from 1981 until 2001. His over $400 million severance pay upon leaving General Electric became the largest severance payment in history.
He attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1960.
He published the New York Times best-selling book Winning in 2005.
He was married three times. His last marriage was to Suzy Wetlaufer Welch in 2004. He has four children.
He made a cameo appearance on 30 Rock in 2010 with Tina Fey.
Information related to Jack Welch
- Boulwarism , surface bargaining under Welch's administration.
- Vitality curve - A vitality curve is a performance management practice that calls for individuals to be ranked or rated against their coworkers. It is also called stack ranking, forced ranking, and rank and yank.
- Writers from Pittsfield, Massachusetts
- PPG people
- Fortune (magazine) people
- Philanthropists from Massachusetts
- American chief executives of Fortune 500 companies
- MIT Sloan School of Management faculty
- Businesspeople from Massachusetts
- American chemical engineers
- American chairmen of corporations
- American business writers
- American corporate directors
- American manufacturing businesspeople
- University of Massachusetts Amherst alumni
- Writers from Boston