Jacob David Philip Oram is a former New Zealand international cricketer, who played all forms of the game for 10 years. He was a left-handed batsman and a right-arm fast-medium bowler. His ability with both bat and ball made him a regular member in the New Zealand international sides. Usually batting in the middle to lower order, Oram's bowling has been more successful in the shorter format—reaching as high as 5 in the ICC ODI Player Rankings. Standing at 1.98m, he was a schoolboy representative as a football goalkeeper. He played for the Manawatu cricket team in the Hawke Cup. He also played for the Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League. Oram is on the Lord's Honours Boards for his Test century against England in 2008 and has on several occasions occupied the position of World #1-ODI Allrounder.
|Full name:||Jacob David Philip Oram|
|Born:||July 28, 1978, Palmerston North, Manawatu, New Zealand|
|Bowling style:||Right-arm Fast Medium|
About Jacob Oram
New Zealand all-rounder known for his time with Indian Premiere League teams like the Mumbai Indians. Internationally, he has represented his home country at many events, including ICC World Twenty20 and Cricket World Cup.
He was a soccer goalkeeper as a young man and made his domestic debut with Central Districts in 1997.
He is one of very few ODI cricketers to have scored 3000 runs and taken 150 wickets during their careers.
He married Mara Tait-Jamieson in March 2008. They have a son named Patrick.
He has been teammates with Brendan Taylor on the Chittagong Kings.
Information related to Jacob Oram
- Twenty20 International hat-trick takers
- Chittagong Vikings cricketers
- People educated at Palmerston North Boys' High School
- New Zealand Twenty20 International cricketers
- Chennai Super Kings cricketers
- Mumbai Indians cricketers
- Cricketers at the 2003 Cricket World Cup
- Cricketers at the 2007 Cricket World Cup
- New Zealand One Day International cricketers
- Central Districts cricketers
- Cricketers at the 2011 Cricket World Cup
- New Zealand Test cricketers