Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma is a South African politician who served as the fourth President of South Africa from the 2009 general election until his resignation on 14 February 2018. Zuma is also referred to by his initials JZ and his clan name Msholozi. Zuma served as Deputy President of South Africa from 1999 to 2005, but was dismissed by President Thabo Mbeki in 2005 after Zuma's financial adviser, Schabir Shaik, was convicted of soliciting a bribe for Zuma. Zuma was nonetheless elected President of the African National Congress on 18 December 2007 after defeating Mbeki at the ANC conference in Polokwane. On 20 September 2008, Mbeki announced his resignation after being recalled by the ANC's National Executive Committee. The recall came after South African High Court Judge Christopher Nicholson ruled Mbeki had improperly interfered with the operations of the National Prosecuting Authority, including the prosecution of Jacob Zuma for corruption.
|Born:||Jacob Gedleyihlekisa Zuma, April 12, 1942, Nkandla, South Africa|
|Political party:||African National Congress|
|Children:||20, including Gugulethu, Thuthukile and Duduzane|
|Deputy:||Kgalema Motlanthe, Cyril Ramaphosa|
|Preceded by:||Kgalema Motlanthe|
|Succeeded by:||Cyril Ramaphosa|
|Twitter:||Jacob Zuma's Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Jacob Zuma's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Jacob Zuma's IMDb|
About Jacob Zuma
Key figure in the African National Congress who assumed office as the President of South Africa in 2009. He has been plagued by corruption charges for most of his political career.
He joined the African National Congress in 1959 despite receiving no formal schooling as a child.
He was President of the African National Congress and Deputy President of South Africa before becoming the country's president.
He's been married six times and is estimated to have 20 children across those marriages.
He took office as the President of South Africa ten years after Nelson Mandela ended his term in 1999.
Information related to Jacob Zuma
- Jacob Zuma Category
- Schabir Shaik trial - The Schabir Shaik trial was an important court trials in post-apartheid South Africa.
- The Spear - The Spear is a painting by Cape Town-based South African artist, Brett Murray. It depicts former South African President Jacob Zuma in a pose reminiscent of Lenin, with his genitals exposed.
- Gupta family - The Gupta family is a wealthy Indian-born family, with business interests in South Africa, whose most notable members are the brothers Ajay, Atul, Rajesh "Tony" Gupta as well as Atul Gupta's nephews Varun, and US-based Ashish and Amol.
- Presidents of the African National Congress
- South African revolutionaries
- Deputy Presidents of South Africa
- Presidents of South Africa
- Members of the South African Communist Party
- People acquitted of rape
- Inmates of Robben Island
- South African prisoners and detainees
- Recipients of the Order of José Marti
- Zulu people
- South African activists
- Honorary Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath
- Members of the National Assembly of South Africa
- Anti-apartheid activists