Aurelian Smith Jr., better known by the ring name Jake "The Snake" Roberts, is an American actor and professional wrestler currently signed to All Elite Wrestling. He is best known for his two stints in the World Wrestling Federation; the first between 1986 and 1992, and the second between 1996 and 1997. He wrestled in the National Wrestling Alliance in 1983, World Championship Wrestling in 1992, and the Mexico-based Asistencia Asesoría y Administración between 1993 and 1994 and again in 1997. He appeared in Extreme Championship Wrestling during the summer of 1997 and made appearances for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling from 2006 through 2008. Throughout his career, Roberts was known for his intense and cerebral promos, dark charisma, extensive use of psychology in his matches, and innovative use of the DDT finishing move. He often brought snakes into the ring, most famously a python. He was one of the subjects of the 1999 documentary film Beyond the Mat.
|Birth name:||Aurelian Smith Jr.|
|Born:||May 30, 1955, Gainesville, Texas, United States|
|Residence:||Henderson, Nevada, United States|
|Website:||Jake Roberts's Official site|
|Ring name(s):||El Diablo, Fred Platt, Jake Roberts, Jake Smith Jr, The Snake, The Texan|
|Billed from:||Stone Mountain, Georgia|
|Trained by:||Buck Robley, Grizzly Smith, Moose Morowski|
|Twitter:||Jake Roberts's Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Jake Roberts's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Jake Roberts's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Jake Roberts's IMDb|
About Jake Roberts
Known as "Jake the Snake" for bringing a python into the ring with him when he wrestled, he enjoyed a long, popular career in the WWF and WCW.
He began his wrestling career doing small shows in Louisiana.
He is credited with inventing the finishing move the DDT, which became a widely-used mainstay in pro wrestling.
His father, Aurelian "Grizzly" Smith, was a pro wrestler.
He once DDT'd Hulk Hogan on an episode of "The Snake Pit."
Information related to Jake Roberts
- Animals in professional wrestling - The usage of animals in professional wrestling has varied through the professions history. Animals that have been used as opponents to humans in matches include bears, tigers, cheetahs and orangutans.
- Oliver Dowden - Oliver James Dowden, is a British politician who, since February 2020, serves as HM Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
- Professional wrestlers from Texas
- Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum
- Converts to Christianity
- Professional wrestling trainers
- Stampede Wrestling alumni
- Sportspeople from Atlanta