John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is an American politician who served as the 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. Bush, who grew up in Houston, is the second son of the late former President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and a younger brother of former President George W. Bush. He graduated from Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, and attended the University of Texas at Austin, where he earned a degree in Latin American affairs. In 1980, he moved to Florida and pursued a career in real estate development, and in 1986 became Florida's Secretary of Commerce until 1988. At that time, he joined his father's successful campaign for the Presidency. In 1994, Bush made his first run for office, losing the election for governor by less than two percentage points to the incumbent Lawton Chiles. Bush ran again in 1998 and defeated Lieutenant Governor Buddy MacKay with 55 percent of the vote.
|Born:||John Ellis Bush, February 11, 1953, Midland, Texas, U.S.|
|Children:||3, including George|
|Relatives:||See Bush family|
|Education:||University of Texas, Austin|
|Lieutenant:||Frank Brogan, Toni Jennings|
|Preceded by:||Buddy MacKay|
|Succeeded by:||Charlie Crist|
|Twitter:||Jeb Bush's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Jeb Bush's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Jeb Bush's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Jeb Bush's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Jeb Bush's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Jeb Bush's Rotten Tomatoes|
About Jeb Bush
President George W. Bush's brother who was Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. He was Florida's first two-term governor and worked during his tenure to protect the Everglades and improve education.
He graduated from the University of Texas with a BA in Latin American studies in 1973.
After leaving the governor's mansion, he stayed active in politics, issuing comments in early 2013 about the need for political reform of the Republican Party.
He was born in Midland, Texas. His parents are former U.S. President George H.W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush. He married Columba Bush in 1974, and he has three children named Noelle, John, Jr. and George P. Bush.
He praised his brother for restraining himself in criticizing President Barack Obama.
Information related to Jeb Bush
- Jeb Bush Category
- Bush family - The Bush family is an American family that is prominent in the fields of politics, news, sports, entertainment, and business, founded by Obadiah Bush and Harriet Smith.
- Republican Party presidential candidates, 2016 - This article contains the list of candidates associated with the 2016 Republican Party presidential primaries for the 2016 United States presidential election.
- American expatriates in Venezuela
- The Kinkaid School alumni
- State cabinet secretaries of Florida
- Philanthropists from Texas
- Governors of Florida
- American consulting businesspeople
- Former Anglicans
- Lehman Brothers people
- American former Protestants
- Bush family
- Businesspeople from Miami
- Knights of Columbus
- Children of Presidents of the United States
- Writers from Miami
- American expatriates in Mexico
- 20th-century American Episcopalians
- Livingston family
- Converts to Roman Catholicism from Anglicanism
- 21st-century Roman Catholics
- Schuyler family
- Businesspeople from Texas
- Phillips Academy alumni
- Writers from Texas
- 20th-century Roman Catholics
- Florida Republicans