Jeffrey Lynne is an English singer, songwriter, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist who co-founded the rock band Electric Light Orchestra. The group formed in 1970 as an offshoot of the Move, of which Lynne was also a member. Following the departure of Roy Wood in 1972, Lynne assumed sole leadership of the band and wrote, arranged and produced virtually all of its subsequent records. Before, Lynne was also involved with the Idle Race as a founding member and principal songwriter. After ELO's original disbandment in 1986, Lynne released two solo albums: Armchair Theatre and Long Wave. Additionally, he began producing various artists. In 1988, under the pseudonyms Otis Wilbury and Clayton Wilbury, he co-founded the supergroup Traveling Wilburys with George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, and Tom Petty.
|Birth name:||Jeffrey Lynne|
|Also known as:||Otis Wilbury, Clayton Wilbury|
|Born:||December 30, 1947, Erdington, Birmingham, England|
|Occupation(s):||Musician, singer-songwriter, record producer|
|Labels:||United Artists, Jet, Harvest, Epic, Sony BMG, Reprise, Frontiers|
|Associated acts:||Electric Light Orchestra, The Move, The Idle Race, Traveling Wilburys, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, George Harrison, The Beatles|
|Facebook:||Jeff Lynne's Facebook profile|
|Spotify:||Jeff Lynne's Spotify|
About Jeff Lynne
Singer and leader of the influential rock band Electric Light Orchestra, as well as a music producer who put out hits for artists like "Free Fallin'."
He attended Alderlea Boys Secondary School. Around 1965 he purchased his first pieces of recording equipment.
He has two children and has been married twice; his last marriage was to Sani Kapelson Lynne.
He has produced records for Ringo Starr.
Information related to Jeff Lynne
- Jeff Lynne and the Beatles - Jeff Lynne is an English rock musician who founded the Electric Light Orchestra and has performed with and produced other artists, including Tom Petty and Roy Orbison. He has collaborated on various projects with former members of the Beatles.
- The Idle Race - The Idle Race were a British rock group from Birmingham in the late 1960s and early 1970s who had a cult following but never enjoyed mass commercial success.
- Electric Light Orchestra members
- Traveling Wilburys members
- British music arrangers
- The Move members
- English multi-instrumentalists
- Musicians from Birmingham, West Midlands
- Slide guitarists
- Rhythm guitarists
- Ivor Novello Award winners
- English rock singers
- English rock guitarists