Jeffrey Steven Turner is an American retired professional basketball player and broadcasting announcer. Turner played ten NBA seasons, spending time with the New Jersey Nets as well as the Orlando Magic. He ended his NBA career with 3,697 career points. Turner was a 6' 9" forward/center. After his career ended he spent nine years as a radio color commentator for the Magic. He then served as the head boys basketball coach at Lake Highland Preparatory School in Orlando, Florida from to 2005 to 2013, where he compiled a 151-72 record and won the state title in 2013. From 2011 to 2013 he was also a studio analyst for Magic games. In 2013, Turner was named television color commentator for the Magic. Turner starred as a college player for Vanderbilt University. He was selected by the New Jersey Nets with the 17th pick of the 1984 NBA Draft. Turner was a member of the Gold Medal 1984 U.S. Olympic basketball team coached by Bobby Knight.
About Jeff Turner
Power forward who played for the New Jersey Nets from 1984 to 1987, Italy's Vismara Cantu from 1987 to 1989, and the Orlando Magic from 1989 to 1996.
He played college basketball at Vanderbilt University, before being selected 17th overall in the 1984 NBA Draft.
He won a gold medal at the 1984 Olympics while playing for team U.S.A.
He was born in Bangor, Maine.
As a member of the American national team, he played alongside the legendary Michael Jordan.
Information related to Jeff Turner
- Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball - The Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball team represents Vanderbilt University in the Southeastern Conference. The Commodores have won three SEC regular-season titles and two SEC Tournament championships.
- Basketball players from Maine
- Sportspeople from Hillsborough County, Florida
- Sportspeople from Bangor, Maine
- Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball players
- New Jersey Nets draft picks
- Pallacanestro Cantù players
- Basketball players at the 1984 Summer Olympics
- Olympic gold medalists for the United States in basketball
- Orlando Magic players
- New Jersey Nets players
- United States men's national basketball team players