Jennifer Shrader Lawrence is an American actress. The films she has acted in have grossed over $6 billion worldwide, and she was the highest-paid actress in the world in 2015 and 2016. Lawrence appeared in Time's 100 most influential people in the world list in 2013 and in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list in 2014 and 2016. During her childhood, Lawrence performed in church plays and school musicals. At age 14, she was spotted by a talent scout while vacationing in New York City with her family. Lawrence then moved to Los Angeles and began her acting career by playing guest roles in television shows. Her first major role came as a main cast member on the sitcom The Bill Engvall Show. Lawrence made her film debut in a supporting role in the drama Garden Party, and had her breakthrough playing a poverty-stricken teenager in the independent drama Winter's Bone.
|Born:||Jennifer Shrader Lawrence, August 15, 1990, Indian Hills, Kentucky, U.S.|
|Twitter:||Jennifer Lawrence's Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Jennifer Lawrence's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Jennifer Lawrence's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Jennifer Lawrence's Rotten Tomatoes|
About Jennifer Lawrence
Hollywood star best known for playing Katniss Everdeen in the Hunger Games film franchise. She also portrays Raven in the X-Men series. In 2013, she won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in the film Silver Linings Playbook. Other notable roles include Red Sparrow, Passengers and American Hustle.
During her summers growing up, she worked as an assistant nurse at her mother's day camp. She graduated from high school in two years with a 3.9 GPA.
She earned her first Academy Award nomination for her leading role in the 2010 independent feature Winter's Bone.
She is the daughter of Gary and Karen Lawrence and sister to Blaine and Ben Lawrence. She dated X-Men co-star Nicholas Hoult from 2011 to 2014, then she briefly dated Coldplay frontman Chris Martin in 2014. From 2016 to 2017, she was in a relationship with director Darren Aronofsky. In 2019, she became engaged to Cooke Maroney.
She auditioned to play Bella Swan in Twilight, but Kristen Stewart landed the part.
Information related to Jennifer Lawrence
- Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Best Supporting Actress AACTA International Award winners
- Best Actress AACTA International Award winners
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead winners
- Actresses from Louisville, Kentucky
- Best Supporting Actress BAFTA Award winners
- Best Musical or Comedy Actress Golden Globe (film) winners
- Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe (film) winners
- Best Actress Academy Award winners
- Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture Screen Actors Guild Award winners