Jesse Lee Barfield is a former Major League Baseball right fielder. He batted and threw right-handed. Barfield is considered to have had "by far the best outfield arm of the 1980s". He led American League outfielders in assists for three consecutive years. Along with George Bell and Lloyd Moseby, Barfield starred in what many analysts considered the best all-around outfield of the 1980s with the Toronto Blue Jays. In 1985, he achieved a relatively rare combination with at least 20 each of home runs, stolen bases, and outfield assists.
About Jesse Barfield
2-time MLB Gold Glove winner who had one the best outfield arms of the 1980's.
Jesse Barfield Before Fame
He was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in their innagural year.
Achievement of Jesse Barfield
His son Josh became a second baseman for the Baltimore Orioles.
Jesse Barfield Family Life
He had three children with his wife Marla.
Associations of Jesse Barfield
He partnered with George Bell to form a terrific outfield tandem for the Toronto Blue Jays in the 1980s.
Information related to Jesse Barfield
- Utica Blue Jays players
- Sportspeople from Joliet, Illinois
- Toronto Blue Jays broadcasters
- American League home run champions
- Albany-Colonie Yankees players
- Houston Astros coaches
- Knoxville Blue Jays players
- Seattle Mariners coaches
- African-American baseball coaches
- Major League Baseball hitting coaches
- Silver Slugger Award winners
- Yomiuri Giants players
- Nippon Professional Baseball outfielders
- Gold Glove Award winners
- Dunedin Blue Jays players
- Cardenales de Lara players
- Major League Baseball right fielders
- American expatriate baseball players in Japan