Jeffrey Jacob Abrams is an American filmmaker. He is known for his work in the genres of action, drama, and science fiction. Abrams wrote or produced such films as Regarding Henry, Forever Young, Armageddon, Cloverfield, Star Trek, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Abrams has created numerous television series, including Felicity, Alias, Lost, and Fringe. He won two Emmy Awards for Lost — Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series and Outstanding Drama Series. His directorial film work includes Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek, Super 8, and Star Trek Into Darkness. He also directed, produced and co-wrote The Force Awakens, the seventh episode of the Star Wars saga and the first film of the sequel trilogy. The film is his highest-grossing, as well as the fourth-highest-grossing film of all time not adjusted for inflation. He returned to Star Wars by directing and co-writing The Rise of Skywalker.
|Born:||Jeffrey Jacob Abrams, June 27, 1966, New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Education:||Palisades Charter High School|
|Alma mater:||Sarah Lawrence College|
|Occupation:||Director, producer, screenwriter, musician, composer, actor, comic book writer|
|Home town:||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Parent(s):||Gerald W. Abrams, Carol Ann Kelvin|
|Twitter:||J. J. Abrams's Twitter profile|
|IMDb:||J. J. Abrams's IMDb|
About JJ Abrams
Co-created the highly popular TV shows Alias and Lost and rebooted the Star Trek franchise. He also directed the 2011 film Super 8 and the 2015 blockbuster Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
His first film on which he was a producer was called Taking Care of Business and starred the one and only Jim Belushi.
He won two Emmy Awards in 2005 for his work on Lost, one for Best Director and the other for Outstanding Drama Series.
He married Katie McGrath in 1996; they have two sons named Henry and August and a daughter named Gracie.
He also directed Mission: Impossible III, starring Tom Cruise.
Information related to J. J. Abrams
- J. J. Abrams Category
- Saturn Award for Best Director - The Saturn Award for Best Director is one of the annual awards given by the American Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films.
- Television program creators
- International Emmy Founders Award winners
- Jewish American composers
- Science fiction film directors
- Male television composers
- Jewish American screenwriters
- American television composers
- Sarah Lawrence College alumni
- Science fiction fans
- Writers Guild of America Award winners
- Film directors from New York City
- Primetime Emmy Award winners