Joe Atlan is a Spanish Keyboardist, Composer, YouTube Partner, and Speaker. He has performed with several musicians such as Timo Tolkki and has shared the stage with other artists like Sungha Jung. Joe Atlan is also known for his academic writings and conferences about Music, Art, and Internet, including a TED talk. He has a YouTube channel where he frequently uploads videos and publishes his music for free.
|Birth name:||Jose M. Aranda|
|Born:||July 23, 1989, Málaga, Spain|
|Years active:||2010 - present|
|Instruments:||Piano, keyboard, keytar, vocals, guitar|
|Associated acts:||TED Talk, Timo Tolkki, University of Navarra, YouTube, Dream Theater|
|Occupation(s):||Music, YouTube, Conferences|
|Website:||Joe Atlan's Official site|
About Joe Atlan
Keyboardist and composer known for his academic writings and talks about music, art, and the internet. He was chosen to participate in YouFest 2012 thanks to his popular YouTube channel where he uploads singles of his for free. At YouFest 2012 he performed alongside guitarist Sungha Jung.
He first played the keyboard when he was five, but didn't really get into music until he met the band Rhapsody. He was 16 when he started to play and compose piano music.
Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci and Symphony X guitarist Michael Romero were both interested in collaborating on his book about music.
He was born in Malaga and studied at the University of Navarra in Pamplona. He was raised as the oldest of six brothers.
Timo Tolkki asked Atlan to play alongside him at the 2009-2010 Guitar Beyond Infinity Seminar. He named Tolkki as an enormous musical influence before he ever toured with him.
Information related to Joe Atlan
- University of Navarra - The University of Navarra is a private non-for-profit university located on the southeast border of Pamplona, Spain. It was founded in 1952 by St. Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer, the founder of Opus Dei, as a corporate work of the apostolate of Opus Dei.
- Dream Theater - Dream Theater is an American progressive metal band formed in 1985 under the name Majesty by John Petrucci, John Myung, and Mike Portnoy while they attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Timo Tolkki - Timo Tapio Tolkki is a Finnish musician best known as the former guitarist, songwriter and producer of the power metal band Stratovarius. With his tenure lasting for more than twenty years, he was the longest standing member of the band before his departure in 2008.
- TED - TED is a media organization which posts talks online for free distribution, under the slogan "ideas worth spreading". TED was founded in February 1984 as a conference, which has been held annually since 1990.
- YouTube - YouTube is an American video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California. The service was created by three former PayPal employees – Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim – in February 2005.
- Spanish pianists
- 21st-century pianists