Joseph Clifford Montana Jr., nicknamed "Joe Cool" and "the Comeback Kid", is an American former professional football player who was a quarterback in the National Football League for 16 seasons, primarily with the San Francisco 49ers. He also played for Kansas City Chiefs. After winning a national championship at Notre Dame, Montana started his NFL career in 1979 with San Francisco, where he played for the next 14 seasons. While a member of the 49ers, Montana started and won four Super Bowls and was the first player ever to have been named Super Bowl Most Valuable Player three times. He also holds Super Bowl career records for most passes without an interception and the all-time highest passer rating of 127.8. In 1993, Montana was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for his final two seasons, and he led that franchise to its first AFC Championship Game in January 1994. Montana was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2000, his first year of eligibility.
|Date of birth:||June 11, 1956|
|Place of birth:||New Eagle, Pennsylvania|
|High school:||Ringgold, (Carroll, Pennsylvania)|
|NFL Draft:||1979 / Round: 3/ Pick: 82|
|IMDb:||Joe Montana's IMDb|
About Joe Montana
Legendary San Francisco 49ers quarterback who led the team to four Super Bowl victories after winning a national championship at Notre Dame. He was named Super Bowl MVP three times, selected for the Pro Bowl eight times, and chosen for the 1980s All-Decade Team.
He was invited to Parade magazine's All-American team after two sterling years as the starting quarterback for the Ringgold High School Rams.
During his four Super Bowl matches, he threw 11 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.
He married his third wife, Jennifer Wallace, in 1985, and together they had four children.
His successor, Steve Young, served as his back-up quarterback from 1987-1990.
Information related to Joe Montana
- Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame - The Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame honors sports figures who have made a significant impact in the San Francisco Bay Area. The organization is a section 501 non-profit, that was created by the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce in 1979. It is located on Montgomery Street in San Francisco.
- History of Kansas City Chiefs quarterbacks - 31 quarterbacks have started for the National Football League's Kansas City Chiefs since their franchise began. The team has also had numerous backup quarterbacks that have stolen the spotlight from the starters.
- Super Bowl MVPs
- National Football League players with retired numbers
- Sportspeople from the Pittsburgh metropolitan area
- Pro Football Hall of Fame inductees