Joseph James Pavelski is an American professional ice hockey player for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League. He had previously played for the San Jose Sharks for the first thirteen years of his NHL career, and also served as captain during his final four years with the team. He scored a goal in his first NHL game, making him the 11th Sharks player in the history of the team to do so. Internationally, he won a silver medal as a member of the United States national men's ice hockey team at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. He also served as captain of Team USA at the 2016 World Cup of Hockey in Toronto.
|Twitter:||Joe Pavelski's Twitter profile|
About Joe Pavelski
NHL center drafted by the San Jose Sharks in 2006. He was named the Sharks' captain in 2015 and he led the team to the 2016 Stanley Cup Finals. He won a silver medal with the United States national team at the 2010 Winter Olympics.
He won a Wisconsin State Hockey Championship with the Stevens Point Area Senior High Panthers in 2002.
He was given the nickname Little Joe by Sharks announcer Randy Hahn.
He married Sarah Pavelski in 2008; they have a a son named Nathan. His younger brother Scott played for the University of New Hampshire hockey team.
He had three straight multi-goal games in the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the first player to do so since Mario Lemieux.
Information related to Joe Pavelski
- Waterloo Black Hawks players
- Ice hockey people from Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Badgers men's ice hockey players
- San Jose Sharks draft picks
- HC Dinamo Minsk players
- Worcester Sharks players
- Olympic silver medalists for the United States in ice hockey
- Dallas Stars players
- San Jose Sharks players
- Olympic ice hockey players of the United States
- Ice hockey players at the 2010 Winter Olympics
- Medalists at the 2010 Winter Olympics
- Ice hockey players at the 2014 Winter Olympics
- National Hockey League All-Stars